by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
GBM’s insults won’t stop Zambians from voting for HH – MwalitetaBy Mirriam Chabala on 8 May 2019
Lusaka UPND chairperson Obvious Mwaliteta says Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba’s (GBM) insulting language against Hakainde Hichilema will not stop Zambians from voting for the opposition leader because citizens look up to him for a better Zambia.
In an interview, Mwaliteta said GBM was so desperate to be accepted in PF that he had resolved to try and destroy HH at all costs.
“We are very shocked at GBM’s desperation to try and bring HH down as an individual. He’s not trying to bring UPND down as a party. But then bringing HH down will be very difficult for him because GBM hardly knows HH. HH is very clean, so I don’t know how GBM is going to finish him when he’s still waiting for his re-admission in the PF after three years. This just shows how childish our former party vice-president has become. But such kind of hatred cannot build Zambia. We are striving as country to unite this country, but we have elderly people like him (GBM) who were even there before Independence, and he saw how the people struggled to bring this country together. But him he’s busy trying to destroy it! Thank God the Zambian people know his agenda; they don’t even pay too much attention to him now. This is why he’s just barking without even any object he’s seeing. He’s just firing and missing targets. It’s unfortunate,” Mwaliteta said.
He said he was shocked that GBM had been admiring PF’s mismanagement of the country’s resources all along.
“I never knew that even when he was with us in the UPND, he was admiring the mismanagement of our resources on the part of PF. So, he really wanted to have a chance to go back there and join them so that somehow, he can be a beneficiary. But it’s too late because there is nothing he’s going to benefit, so even if he’s gone there, he is not going to benefit anything because this country is bankrupt!” Mwaliteta said.
“I want to thank the president of UPND for ignoring him because the past few years they have worked together, HH has known his capacity. So, really, he has realised that he is not the person he can answer back because he’s a man of no substance.”
Mwaliteta insisted that nothing would divert the attention of Zambians from looking up to HH for a better Zambia.
“As UPND, we want to forgive GBM, whatever he says, we have seen that the Zambian people are not even following him, they have realised that he’s just firing at wrong targets. People are looking at how to fight poverty, but him he’s looking at how to bring down HH. How can you have a politician of his calibre, instead of trying to bring new ideas in PF to say: ‘when I was in UPND, these are the wrong things I saw you do and I have come to help you correct them.’ But he goes there and starts fighting HH instead of fighting poverty and the many wrong things happening in this country, he goes there to start fighting an individual! We want to tell him that the country now looks up to HH and nothing will divert the attention of the people from looking up to HH to come and serve this country to make a better Zambia,” said Mwaliteta.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- AVAP partners with German firm in demanding better service delivery from councils - 20 Sep 2019
- Chapter One ticks Lungu for admitting economic malaise - 19 Sep 2019
- About 50,000 teachers can’t find jobs anywhere, reveals NAQEZ - 19 Sep 2019
- German Envoy salutes Diggers; it’s the only newspaper that strives to investigate - 18 Sep 2019
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi - 13 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (3,442 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,415 view)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (1,007 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (981 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive - PF (906 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend