- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Man stabbed to death after refusing to buy round of KachasuBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 May 2019
Police have arrested a 32 year old man of Mazabuka’s Airstrip compound in connection with murder.
The suspect identified as Bargner Siamayuma allegedly stabbed to death a 42 year old man only identified as Michelo during a drinking spree on Tuesday around 10:00 hours.
Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo revealed in a statement that the suspect had asked the victim to buy him a round of Kachasu (locally made distilled alcohol) but the victim did not have the money to do so.
She stated that the misunderstanding prompted the suspect to stab the victim on the neck.
“The victim Hartman Micheelo was drinking alcohol with the accused person Bargner Siamayuwa at Airstrip Compound and the suspect asked the victim to also buy (a round of) beer, but Michelo did not have money to do so. This brought a misunderstanding between the two, prompting Siamayuma to produce a knife and stab Michelo in the neck and he died instantly,” Katongo narrated in a statement.
Katongo further stated that the development irritated members of the public who apprehended the suspect, beat him up and nearly set him ablaze.
“The suspect was apprehended by irate members of the public who beat him up and nearly set him ablaze but was only rescued by Police who rushed to the scene. The body of the deceased has been deposited in the mortuary at Mazabuka General Hospital and the accused person is detained in Police custody and will appear in Court soon,” she stated.
Meanwhile, Katongo stated that police in Chinsali were looking for suspects behind the death of a 76 year- old man identified as Bernard Kanekwa of Kawama village , Chief Mpumba whose body was found in his field.
“This occurred on 20th May, 2019 at 15 00 hours at Kawama Village in Chief Mpumba. The deceased was suspected to be a wizard after one of his relatives died in October, 2018 and was later beaten and chased from the village by the suspects whose names we have withheld. The body is in Chilonga Mission Hospital mortuary in Mpika awaiting post mortem. Investigations have continued,” further stated Katongo.
And Katongo added that police in Chinsali were also looking for suspects behind the shooting of a man identified as Jonas Kapinda aged 74 of Nankalamu Village of Chief Nkweto which occurred on Sunday around 20 00 hours.
She stated that the victim sustained gunshot wounds and was admitted to Chinsali District Hospital.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- K1,500 surcharge for CBU students a fundraising venture – Kabwita - 12 Aug 2019
- PF has opened overnight street vending along Lusaka’s Lumumba Rd – Moonga - 12 Aug 2019
- Oasis Forum calls for withdrawal of Constitution bill - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs about US $660bn annually to achieve SDGs – UNCA - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs home-grown solutions for its challenges – Lungu - 8 Aug 2019
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,446 view)
- Nondo's defection shocks NAREP (1,049 view)
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (913 views)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (878 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (788 views)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend