- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Munir Zulu vows to remain in PF, says Mwila is insecureBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 5 Jun 2019
Renowned Patriotic Front cadre Munir Zulu says party secretary general Davies Mwila;s threats on him are a sign that he is insecure from anyone who has an independent mind.
On Monday, Mwila warned Zulu and Chanoda Ngwira that they were next in line to be expelled from PF for disrespecting the party’s top leadership.
“From now, you tell Munir [Zulu], you tell Chanoda [Ngwira] that time is coming for them! We are not going to allow anyone who is going to bring disunity in the party [and] insulting the top leadership. Action will be taken,” Mwila warned after announcing KBF and Julius Komaki’s expulsion.
But in an interview, Zulu said Mwila had closed the doors of the PF Secretariat to members who were not in the structures, and that he wanted people to be seeing him by going through some Chinese nationals.
“The likes of Sunday Chanda (PF media director) are not doing a service to the party; they are a disservice to the party. They are creating too many lies and then put the blame on some of us. I have sent the SG a text message after hearing that because I don’t know what wrong I did for them to issue that warning. So, for me, it is just an issue of them being insecure with anyone who has an independent mind because I have condemned the issue of people wanting to see the SG by going through the Chinese. Why should I, as a Zambian and a PF member, go through a Chinese national to see my SG? Let them point out at what wrong things I have done or which person I have insulted. This is not a time to start imagining fights; it is time to bring everyone on board and see how we are going to improve the economy,” Zulu said.
He said Mwila should not play “chimbuya” with him because he belonged to a different age group.
“The last time I checked, I didn’t insult and so I don’t know how. Is telling people that ‘I am not going to see you through your Chinese connection a crime?’ It is easier for you to see him (secretary general) if you go through the Chinese, and I have refused to do that! And then he issues a warning to me, for what? They have closed the Secretariat to those that are not in structures and so how do they expect us to communicate with them? I don’t believe that the SG can play chimbuya (tribal cousinship) with me, we are not in the same age group because I believe that I belong to the generation that is preparing to take over and my time is coming, but if they expect me to go and bootlick Sunday, since Sunday is the one taking lies from our WhatsApp groups to his boss, it won’t happen. Sunday prefers to associate with people that will call him ‘boss,’ but I can’t do that,” he said.
Zulu said that he was in PF to stay because his loyalty was with President Lungu.
“I will not leave the party, and Sunday was just appointed, and the SG was equally appointed. My loyalty is to the President and the party. I am not going to be dramatic about it that I have been warned because I don’t know what I did. What they should have done if I were in their shoes, was to call for all those groups that are complaining and find out what is the problem? What remedies can we provide? That is how you handle issues. And they are saying ‘go,’ go where? I am PF and I am not leaving PF! If KBF has gone, Komaki has gone, myself, I am not going anywhere!” he insisted.
And reacting to the party’s directive that all PF related WhatsApp groups needed to be registered with the party Secretariat, Zulu observed that some Cabinet Ministers were willing members of the so-called illegal WhatsApp groups.
“I am in a couple of WhatsApp groups, but I am not the admin. But you cannot tell me that people are so ignorant that they don’t know that they have been added to a WhatsApp group? That’s not true because we have seen Cabinet Ministers that have been posting greetings, posting social greetings in WhatsApp groups and how can they not know that they are in a group? Are you telling me that they do not know how to exit the group? I think ignorance shouldn’t be a defence there, people don’t just want to be told the truth, which is dangerous,” said Zulu.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- I’ll continue harassing those who buy mealie meal in bulk, vows Lusambo - 17 Mar 2020
- Govt hasn’t failed to manage public universities, claims Mushimba - 28 Feb 2020
- Kambwili condemns Dora for justifying extrajudicial killings - 28 Feb 2020
- Funds for projects were diverted to disasters, Wina tells Parley - 27 Feb 2020
- Our salaries have been gassed, laments UNZA workers as they down tools - 27 Feb 2020
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu (31,053 views)
- Kampyongo, Malanji, Lombe in quarantine after suspected exposure to COVID-19 (9,350 views)
- Kwamana for Lungu now, he has to go - KBF (9,063 views)
- Name govt officials who are infected, in quarantine (5,405 views)
- Lusaka woman asks court to declare missing brother dead (5,343 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- DEC nabs 2 E/Province businessmen for money laundering
- ECZ proceeds with Nangula ward by-election despite COVID-19
- Why whip patrons if there’s no lockdown?
- Former Chipolopolo star Msiska shares his experiences in Zambian football
- About 10 Cancer Diseases Hospital doctors in quarantine
- Kwacha nears 19 per dollar
- I’ll test for COVID-19 on Friday, says Kampyongo
- Zambia records first COVID-19 death, community infections on the rise
- Pharmaceutical Society condemns Lusambo for harassing pharmacies
- About 10 Cancer Diseases Hospital doctors in quarantine
- Govt forecasts stability in mining sector amidst COVID-19 pandemic
- Come and get talk time to continue criticizing me, I won’t stop whipping people – Bowman
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend