- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Roan Hospital rejects PAC’s laptop donation, says “we need permission from govt”By Daniel Chansa on 20 Jun 2019
Roan General Hospital management has rejected a donation of 34 brand new laptops from People’s Alliance for Change Roan losing candidate Mwansa Chama.
Chama had written to Roan General Hospital seeking permission to make a donation of 34 brand new laptops as a contribution, “politics aside”.
“In recent past, people have died on the queue at Roan hospital just because of a malfunctioning computer which a medical staff couldn’t access to review a patients data in real time and proceed with treatment. That is my belief that a hospital without good equipment is as good as a devils passageway”.
“Therefore I am appealing to the Copperbelt Permanent Secretary to allow the Management at Roan General Hospital with considerable latitude to accept this donation. This is not about politics or political mileage but the social welfare of my suffering people in Roan,” Chama said.
But Roan Antelope General Hoapital medical superintendent Dr Nauluta Seneadza said the institution does not receive donations without authorisation from the Copperbelt Permanent Secretary.
“I write in response to your letter dated 19th June 2019 regarding the subject matter. I wish to advise that our institution is a government run facility therefore, all stakeholders wishing to donate anything to us should seek authority from the Copperbelt Permanent Secretary,” Dr Seneadza said.Related Items
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,604 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,572 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (2,350 views)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,663 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,353 view)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend