- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Kabwe PF councillors pass vote of no confidence in TutwaBy Joseph Mwenya on 24 Oct 2019
The Patriotic Front (PF) led Kabwe Central Constituency civic leadership has passed a vote of no confidence in their member of parliament Tutwa Ngulube saying he is “working with parallel structures, disrespectful to the established party hierarchy and has no regard for anyone”.
Presenting the resolution, Wednesday, on behalf of the other councilors, Luasanse ward councilor Godrich Machuta said Ngulube had failed to demonstrate leadership by failing to work with the 12 ward councilors in his constituency hindering sustainable growth of the wards.
Machuta said Tutwa was a loner who had disadvantaged the party’s popularity by using the PF’s platform to create his personal growth while denting the image of the party that won him his seat in the 2016 general elections.
“We the 12 councilors of Kabwe Central Constituency have resolved to reject our area MP Tutwa Ngulube. Honourable Ngulube has never had meeting with councilors from the time he was elected. He is disrespectful to the party hierarchy and has failed to follow laid down procedures in resolving grievances as he has a tendency of rushing to the media,” Machuta said.
Machuta alleged that Ngulube had failed to promote unity of purpose in the ruling party.
He said Ngulube’s continued fighting of the council had hindered the implementation of Constituency Development Fund (CDF) projects.
“Honourable Ngulube has invested his energy in fighting fellow PF leaders at the expense of uniting leaders towards addressing the challenges facing the nation; and he has been doing this with impunity. He has continued creating and working with parallel structures in the wards. He is a loner who has disadvantaged PF’s popularity by using its platform to create his personal growth,” he said
The Luasanse ward councilor said efforts to counsel Ngulube had proved futile and that the decision to reject the MP was necessary to protect the image and integrity of the PF.
“We have been patient for far too long now over our MP’s lack of respect for others and failure to learn to work as a team while using the same political party to create his own political mileage. Efforts by the provincial leadership to counsel Honourable Ngulube have yielded negative results. We believe this issue has reached alarming levels and necessary action should be taken now to protect the image and integrity of the party. No one should be idolized for doing the wrong things. This resolution shall be presented to the Provincial party leadership for action,” said Machuta.
When contacted for a reaction, Ngulube said the councillors were showcasing ignorance of the law.
“It’s null and void ab initio. There is no legal basis upon which such an decision can even constitute an action. It’s pure ignorance of the law,” said Ngulube.Related Items
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (6,592 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (4,088 views)
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,736 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (3,214 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,949 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- LAZ postpones elections
- We’ve no reason to falsify COVID-19 statistics – Chilufya
- There’re no human rights now, we just beat – Lusambo
- Govt warns of stern action if Mopani goes ahead with planned shut down of its mines
- COVID-19 convolvulus pandemic must be nipped in the bud – Mpombo
- AG institutes probe into alleged abuse of funds at City Market
- Tax audit of media houses may benefit industry – ZRA
- PF must urgently resolve Lungu’s 2021 eligibility to avoid chaos, urges AVAP
- Jailing of PF cadre who assaulted journalist elates MISA, FPI
- ADVERT: Consultancy Research on the effectiveness of social media as a tool of opening up spaces for women leaders’ participation in Zambia.
- Kampyongo must apologize for stigmatising people living with HIV, demands Luonde
- Use of gloves by non-health workers could expedite virus spread – Chiyobe
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend