- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
I won’t interfere with maize price – LunguBy Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017
President Edgar Lungu says he will interfere with the K60 per 50Kg bag market price for maize because he does not want to politicize production.
Speaking to journalists at City Airport before departure to Luapula Province yesterday, President Lungu, however, advised the Food Reserve Agency and farmers to negotiate until they were both satisfied.
“When you go to the market, there should be a willing buyer and a willing seller. I think a consensus must be achieved somehow. Those who produce maize know what they put in, they know what to expect. Those who are buying also know what they are offering so find a medium somehow. I don’t want to politicize production, production should be economical so those who are engaged in activities should be rewarded and I think when they are giving them too much money, that’s bad, too low money, that’s bad so in the end at the market there should be a willing buyer, a willing seller,” President Lungu said.
He said he had decided to fix the price last year because he felt that was the good thing to do at the time.
“Last year I fixed it because I thought that was good but I don’t want to interfere for now, there should be a bargaining process, the buyer and the seller should be willing to exchange commodities and I don’t think the buyer wants to be exploited, I don’t think a seller also wants to be exploited but somehow you need to bargain, I think the negotiation process has just started,” said President Lungu.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
- Falls way villa sues Herve Renard over K742,512 debt - 12 Dec 2017
- Kambwili sues Daily Nation, Sakala for libel - 12 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend