by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 18 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Douty Chibamba on 19 Oct 2019by Felicity Kayumba Kalunga on 18 Oct 2019by Patricia Scotland, Commonwealth Secretary-General on 17 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Two murder-accused UPND cadres committed to High CourtBy Diggers Reporter on 15 Jun 2017
Two UPND supporters charged with murder have been committed to the Lusaka High Court for trial.
Febian Mwanza popularly known as ‘Junior Mbuzi’ and James Banda alias ‘Meno Meno’ both aged 23 are alleged to have murdered Steven Kalipa after the cancellation of a UPND rally that was scheduled to be held in Kanyama on April 2, 2017.
Lusaka magistrate Judy Chiyayika referred the duo’s case to the High Court after dismissing an application by defense lawyer Martha Mushipe to refer the case to the High Court for constitutional determination after the state produced a certificate of committal from the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Magistrate Chiyayika said there was no way she could entertain Mushipe’s application.
“ The committal certificate dated 22 May, 2017 was presented before this court and it therefore follows that this court cannot deal with case any longer,” said Chiyayika before committing Mwanza and Banda to the High Court.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Byta FM partners with govt to fight climate change - 15 Oct 2019
- Criminal kills CBU lecturer, rapes Kalulushi student - 5 Oct 2019
- Screening reveals increased lung infection among miners – Musukwa - 20 Sep 2019
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- Police should not wear masks (2,703 views)
- Phiri explains heavy police presence in Lusaka's CBD (2,423 views)
- Benny Zulu led us to the crime scene for reconstruction, Cop tells court (1,720 view)
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates (1,492 view)
- You're being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies (1,025 view)
- Load shedding: The underlying causes that we are overlooking
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu
- The Proposed 2019 Constitution Amendment Bill: A Threat to Zambia’s Democracy?
- Police should not wear masks
- SA’s renewed load shedding puts Zesco power import deal at risk – Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend