by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 17 Jul 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Jul 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 17 Jul 2018by Mazuba Muleya on 17 Jul 2018by Mazuba Muleya on 16 Jul 2018by Mazuba Muleya on 16 Jul 2018
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 16 Jul 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 11 Jul 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Jul 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018by Elias Munshya on 11 Jun 2018by Akashambatwa Mbikusita-Lewanika on 31 May 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 May 2018
by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Jul 2018by Chense Chola on 7 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jun 2018by Felix Kashweka on 30 May 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Sampa Kabwela on 14 Jul 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 9 Jul 2018by Netsanet Belay - Amnesty International on 25 Jun 2018by Kalaki on 24 Jun 2018
Lusaka woman gets 4 years for burning stepsonBy Diggers Reporter on 11 Oct 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has sentenced a 30-year-old woman to five years imprisonment with hard labour for burning her four-year-old stepson after he defecated in his pants.
The court described Catherine Namonje of Chipata compound as a heartless and evil woman.
Namonje was facing one count of assault on a child.
According to the prosecutions witnesses,the convict beat the child afterwhich she put him on a hot brazier.
After the incident, Namonje sent her step son’s sister to buy glycerine, which she applied on the baby’s wounds.
The victim’s biological mother, Elizabeth Kapenda, who was on separation with the victims father, said was only called by the police to check on her son who was burnt.
And in his testimony,the juvenile said he was put on brazier by his step mother when she discovered that he had defecated in his pants.
He said after he was burnt, his step mother asked him to hide under the bed.
About Diggers Reporter
- We are under pressure as champions – U17 coach - 16 Jul 2018
- Casinos: A platform for cleaning dubious money in Zambia - 7 Jul 2018
- Don’t drag me into Black Mountain politics – Lungu - 28 Jun 2018
- Ban TV, radio stations that don’t cover President well, Nundwe tells IBA - 15 Jun 2018
- What’s the emergency of Lungu’s trip to Kenya that he had to abandon the mourning of his Cabinet Minister? - 15 Jun 2018
- IMF still doubts govt’s commitment to economic programme – Chibamba
- Former Zambia Army officers sue state for unfair dismissal
- Zambia under terrorism threat from Fethullah – Turkish envoy
- Fix Lusaka not WiFi, Laura Miti challenges mayoral candidates
- Lusaka-Ndola road project riddled with corruption, insists Simumba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend