- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Lusaka woman gets 4 years for burning stepsonBy Diggers Reporter on 11 Oct 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has sentenced a 30-year-old woman to five years imprisonment with hard labour for burning her four-year-old stepson after he defecated in his pants.
The court described Catherine Namonje of Chipata compound as a heartless and evil woman.
Namonje was facing one count of assault on a child.
According to the prosecutions witnesses,the convict beat the child afterwhich she put him on a hot brazier.
After the incident, Namonje sent her step son’s sister to buy glycerine, which she applied on the baby’s wounds.
The victim’s biological mother, Elizabeth Kapenda, who was on separation with the victims father, said was only called by the police to check on her son who was burnt.
And in his testimony,the juvenile said he was put on brazier by his step mother when she discovered that he had defecated in his pants.
He said after he was burnt, his step mother asked him to hide under the bed.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend