by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 18 Jan 2018
by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 16 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 15 Jan 2018by Simon Manda on 11 Jan 2018
Lusaka woman gets 4 years for burning stepsonBy Diggers Reporter on 11 Oct 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has sentenced a 30-year-old woman to five years imprisonment with hard labour for burning her four-year-old stepson after he defecated in his pants.
The court described Catherine Namonje of Chipata compound as a heartless and evil woman.
Namonje was facing one count of assault on a child.
According to the prosecutions witnesses,the convict beat the child afterwhich she put him on a hot brazier.
After the incident, Namonje sent her step son’s sister to buy glycerine, which she applied on the baby’s wounds.
The victim’s biological mother, Elizabeth Kapenda, who was on separation with the victims father, said was only called by the police to check on her son who was burnt.
And in his testimony,the juvenile said he was put on brazier by his step mother when she discovered that he had defecated in his pants.
He said after he was burnt, his step mother asked him to hide under the bed.
About Diggers Reporter
- Judge recuses self from hearing M’membe’s case over Post liquidation - 18 Jan 2018
- M’membe challenges Post liquidation, sues ZRA - 17 Jan 2018
- Magistrate commits 11 to High Court for aggravated robbery trial - 17 Jan 2018
- Juvenile pleads not guilty to rape - 17 Jan 2018
- Boy, 16, in court for raping 25-year-old - 16 Jan 2018
- Ethiopian Airlines will be the real beneficiary of Zambia Airways – Chibamba
- Threats to ban Facebook an affront to democracy – Panos
- Hamukale survives accident, juvenile sustains injuries
- Prevent Cholera from having a home in Zambia: The Permanent solution
- We’ll have a poor harvest this year – Lungu
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend