by Mukosha Funga on 25 May 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 25 May 2018by Abraham Kalito on 25 May 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 25 May 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 24 May 2018by Abraham Kalito on 17 Apr 2018by Abraham Kalito on 10 Apr 2018by Mazuba Muleya on 20 Feb 2018
by Abraham Kalito on 24 May 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 24 May 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 23 May 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 May 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 25 May 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 May 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 May 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 May 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 May 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 18 May 2018by Nevers Mumba on 26 Apr 2018by Anand Rajaram and Miljan Sladoje on 4 Apr 2018
by Diggers Editor on 24 May 2018by Diggers Editor on 23 May 2018by Diggers Editor on 22 May 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 May 2018
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 May 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 May 2018by Felix Kashweka on 14 May 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 7 May 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Kalaki on 24 May 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 21 May 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 16 May 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 May 2018
Judge Musona finally views ‘missing’ Munali violence videoBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
High Court judge Edward Musona says the incident which occurred on Monday where he failed to view the video evidence depicting violence in Munali is not only an embarrassment to the court but to the entire Judiciary.
However, Judge Musona finally viewed the video yesterday but reserved his ruling for Thursday, March 22.
This is a case in which Higher Education Minister Professor NKandu Luo appealed the High Court’s decision to nullify her seat to the ConCourt.
But proceedings in her appeal could not progress because the video evidence which led to the nullification went missing from the files.
After counter arguments, the ConCourt ordered that Judge Musona views a newly submitted video to certain whether it was unaltered.
But when the matter came up for viewing of the video, Monday, the video was not before court and neither were Prof Luo and Attorney General Likando Kalaluka.
When the matter came up yesterday, senior High Court assistant registrar Neto Zulu explained that the video could not be viewed on Monday due to communication breakdown between the Master of the Constitutional Court and himself.
Zulu explained that the flash drive was given to him by the Master of the ConCourt last month for safe custody because her Chamber had no safe.
He told the court that he was not aware that the flash drive containing the video evidence needed to be produced for viewing before the court on Monday.
But judge Musona said the communication breakdown was a serious administrative problem.
“I have heard what Mr Neto Zulu has said. I can see that there is communication break down and this is a serious administrative problem. I say so because even when the Concourt ordered that I review the video, which order was made on 26th February, 2018, the officers from that court did not avail on me the necessary documents. From 26th February, 2018, I only received the copy of the Constitutional Court judgement on 14th March, 2018. So it took more than two weeks for that judgement containing the order to reach me. Still the first record was not availed to me until I requested for the first record to enable me to set a date of hearing. I blamed all of it on our administrative staff,” he said.
Judge Musona said it was an embarrassment on the Judiciary that the court failed to view the video evidence on Monday.
“What happened yesterday where we failed to view the video because it was not availed, was an embarrassment. It was an embarrassment not only to this court but to the entire judiciary. That is why I yesterday, ordered the chief registrar on the judiciary who is also director for court operations to investigate the matter. I will not go further than this. Suffice to state that this issue is an administrative matter and shall accordingly be dealt with administratively,” said judge Musona.
After viewing the video, judge Musona said the ruling would be delivered on Thursday, March 22, 2018.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe is a vibrant young Zambian journalist who has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu signed STAG loan for Zesco to pay Tasila – Kambwili - 25 May 2018
- The biggest drunkard is in State House – Mulongoti - 25 May 2018
- Verbatim: Muvi TV director narrates how Siwale branded Lungu an identity thief - 25 May 2018
- Msoni questions ridiculous bail charges - 25 May 2018
- Court denies Nkombo, Kambwili joinder to impeachment case - 24 May 2018
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend