by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Businessman drags PF cadres to court for land encroachmentBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Aug 2018
A Lusaka businessman has sued three Patriotic Front cadres and a councillor in the Lusaka High Court, demanding for damages for illegally encroaching on his land.
Frank Mwanza, trading as Frank White Enterprise, has also sued a Mr Melu, as an illegal purchaser of the said property and currently undergoing construction works, as well as the Lusaka City Council (LCC), for leasing the said land to the cadres.
Mwanza has lamented that he has lost huge sums of money invested in the business venture because of the arrogance and rudeness of the cadres who are also using the name of the party.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court, Thursday, Mwanza, stated that after approval from Lusaka City Council, he acquired the premises along Kaunda Square Road behind Munali Secondary School, for use as a car wash for a period of three years starting from February 26, 2016.
He stated that the defendants, George Sokoni, John Silungwe, Josias Ngulube, Silvester Mulenga (councillor) and a Mr Melu, were reported to the police where they were asked to produce proof of ownership but to-date they had not done so.
Mwanza further stated that the defendants had arrogantly taken possession of the property having purportedly entered into a lease agreement with the Lusaka City Council.
“The defendants have arrogantly taken possession of the property, having purportedly entered into a lease agreement with the Lusaka City Council, which lease was made on December 29, 2017, way after my letter of offer,” read the statement of claim.
He disclosed that in 2016, he had put up pillars in readiness to fence the property meant for a car hire, but the same was demolished by the three cadres.
Mwanza further disclosed that he had tried all means to stop the three cadres from interfering with the property, but had failed due to impunity, rudeness and using the name of the PF party.
He lamented that he had lost huge sums of money that he had invested in the business venture by the arrogance of the defendants.
Mwanza is now seeking for an order declaring that the same is his bonafide property and an order that the lease agreement between the three cadres and the Lusaka City Council is null and void.
Mwanza is further seeking for an order of interim injunction restraining the defendants from harassment and interfering with the quiet enjoyment of the plaintiff at the property, damages for loss of use of property and any other reliefs the court may deem fit.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court - 17 Sep 2019
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters - 16 Sep 2019
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend - 16 Sep 2019
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,738 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,938 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,616 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,221 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,186 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend