by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 5 Dec 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 5 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 5 Dec 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 5 Dec 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 4 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 28 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 27 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 27 Nov 2019
by Julia Malunga on 5 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 5 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 4 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 4 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 5 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 3 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 1 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 30 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019
Mumbi sues Kambwili, demands K100m for defamationBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 4 Dec 2018
Patriotic Front Deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri has dragged NDC leader Chishimba Kambwili to court, demanding K100 million as special damages for defamation of character.
Mumbi says Kambwili defamed her character by alleging that she’s corrupt and built her house using bribes from Chinese and Lebanese nationals that get contracts from government.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court, Friday, Mumbi stated that on October 17, this year, Kambwili defamed her by alleging among other things, that she was corrupt as she was getting money from some Chinese and Lebanese to build her house, which words brought her standing in her political and professional standing, in question.
Mumbi stated that Kambwili issued the words in a press statement which was published by the media.
She stated that the words complained of in their natural and ordinary meaning meant and were understood to mean that she was involved in bribery or corrupt practices.
Mumbi further stated that the words were further understood to mean that she did not meet the business and professional standards expected from a public figure or honorable MP such as her.
She stated that the words were also meant to mean that she corruptly awarded or influenced the award of several government tenders to the Chinese and Lebanese contractors or suppliers who had in turn built a house for her as gratification or the alleged corrupt activities.
“Further that she lacks integrity, is unethical as a leader and is naturally corrupt,” read the statement of claim.
Mumbi alleged that in doing so, Kambwili did not bother to find out the truth before issuing the alleged statements.
She is asking the Lusaka High Court to order Kambwili to offer her general and aggravated damages for defamation.
Mumbi further wants the court to grant her an injunction restraining Kambwili whether by himself, agents, servants or otherwise, whomsoever from further publishing and causing to be published, comments or press statements , or utterances bordering on malicious falsehood and damaging to her.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kambwili’s remarks implied that Lungu’s a drug dealer, Witness tells court - 5 Dec 2019
- Bus driver sues Kaizer claiming K2m compensation for assault - 4 Dec 2019
- Lusaka man whose dogs mauled 8-yr-old boy to death pleads not guilty to manslaughter - 4 Dec 2019
- Apex lecturer countersues sexual harassment accusers - 3 Dec 2019
- Mwitwa asks court to rule in his favor in defamation case against Tutwa - 3 Dec 2019
- Stop dividing us, stay out of politics, Lungu tells clergy (4,040 views)
- I'll retain power in 2021 because I'm humble - Lungu (3,985 views)
- Govt defers Bill 10 to Feb 2020 (2,796 views)
- Malanji provoked Foote with crude, undiplomatic language - VJ (2,668 views)
- UPND walks out on Bill 10, as Lungwangwa, Kasonso stick with PF (2,358 views)
- Swedish Envoy joins Foote, expresses concern over Zambia’s justice system
- Shepolopolo gets team of the year nomination
- Norway govt suspends ZAVA funding after audit reveals fraud
- Not even IMF bailout is enough to fix Zambia’s economy – Hamududu
- Mining in Lower Zambezi won’t reduce poverty – Sinkamba
- It's time for Zambia to reconsider outdated stance on LGBTI community - US Envoy
- A bitter sweet message from the U.S Ambassador on gay crimes, hypocrisy
- I'll retain power in 2021 because I'm humble - Lungu
- US Envoy's comments on homosexuality ruling unacceptable - Malanji
- No one wants me alive because I managed 2015 elections to make Lungu win - Kaizer
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend