by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 8 Dec 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 6 Dec 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 6 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 6 Dec 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 5 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 4 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 28 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 27 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 7 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 6 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019
by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 3 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 1 Dec 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019
Estate administrator sues Luanshya Mayor for land encroachmentBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jan 2019
A Lusaka resident has dragged Luanshya Mayor Nathan Chanda to Court, for allegedly claiming ownership of his late father’s property.
Misheck Mbewe, who is suing as an administrator of the estate of the late Jasiel Mbewe, has also sued the Attorney General as the second defendant, seeking an order for vacant possession, among other claims.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court, Wednesday, Mbewe stated that sometime in 1995, his late father purchased Stand L/4186/M in Luanshya from the Ministry of Lands after it was offered to him.
He added that his deceased father had then went ahead to start building a house on one portion of the farm.
Mbewe stated his father unfortunately died in 1997 at Luanshya Mine Hospital after a short illness and did not complete building the said house.
He recalled that after his father’s death, he and his brothers were too young to run the farm, therefore another person was assigned to take care of the land.
“Sometime later, Peter who was told to continue as a watchman and caretaker of the farm, brought Chilufya Malupenga who took up the job, while he was allowed to rear livestock and farm on the said land,” read the statement of claim.
Mbewe stated that in January last year, he received a phone call from some owners of the farm which was adjacent to his father’s, informing him and his aunt that there was a person who was about to start building on the farm and was claiming that it was his.
He stated that he immediately traveled to Luanshya with his aunt where they discovered that the person claiming to own the land was the mayor of Luanshya, Nathan Chanda.
Mbewe stated that Chanda’s brother was among the men found developing the site and supervising the workers.
He stated that when he and his aunt went to the Ministry of Lands to conduct a search concerning the names on the title deeds, they discovered that the documents had been changed to Nathan Chanda Bwalya, as the owner.
Mbewe further stated when they asked the Ministry of Land personnel to avail them documents reflecting how ownership of the said land was changed, the officers informed them that their system only reflected Nathan Chanda as the initial owner.
He alleged that he and his auntie tried to engage Chanda concerning his claim over his late father’s farm, but Chanda threatened to have them arrested.
Mbewe is seeking for an order for vacant possession of the farm and an order to rectify the records at the Ministry of Lands to reflect the names of the deceased as owner of the said land.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- High Court orders Tutwa to pay Mwitwa damages for libel - 7 Dec 2019
- Trial continues in ritual killings case involving soldier, traditional healer - 6 Dec 2019
- Prime TV sues former employee for defamation - 6 Dec 2019
- Judge Nkonde narrates how security guard stole money from his house - 6 Dec 2019
- Girl narrates how biological father impregnated her - 6 Dec 2019
- Govt's attacks against Foote diplomatic gobbledegook - Mpombo (1,057 view)
- Lungu, Tasila in Mukula cartel (766 views)
- Wina describes UPND’s Lupososhi ward election victory as ‘small fish’ (729 views)
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation (681 views)
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel (626 views)
- Age just a number for prolific Chamanga
- Wina describes UPND’s Lupososhi ward election victory as ‘small fish’
- High Court orders Tutwa to pay Mwitwa damages for libel
- Govt’s attacks against Foote diplomatic gobbledegook – Mpombo
- When the ruling party owns the Constitution making process, citizens lose it – Mwenye
- A bitter sweet message from the U.S Ambassador on gay crimes, hypocrisy
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel
- I'll retain power in 2021 because I'm humble - Lungu
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation
- Stop dividing us, stay out of politics, Lungu tells clergy
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend