by Julia Malunga on 13 Nov 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 13 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 12 Nov 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 11 Nov 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 8 Nov 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 13 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
Liquidator appoints Makebi Zulu to represent KCM interestsBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 May 2019
Konkola Copper Mines (KCM), under the charge of provisional liquidator Milingo Lungu, has appointed Messrs Makebi Zulu Advocates to represent the mining company’s interests in the liquidation case.
And Vedanta Resources Holdings Limited, the intended second respondent, has appointed Mulenga Mundashi Kasonde Legal Practitioners and Corpus Legal Practitioners, as its advocates.
“Take notice that the respondent has appointed Messrs Makebi Zulu Advocates as their advocate. Kindly note that all correspondence relating to this matter must be addressed and sent to the address below,” read the notice of appointment as advocates filed on Wednesday.
“Take notice that the intended second respondent (Vedanta Resources Holdings Limited) has appointed Mulenga Mundashi Kasonde Legal Practitioners and Corpus Legal Practitioners whose address of service is indicated below.”
On Tuesday, Lusaka High Court Judge Anessie Banda-Bobo granted ZCCM-IH an order to appoint Milingo Lungu of Messrs Lungu Simwanza and Company as provisional liquidator of KCM.
In a Winding Up petition filed in the Lusaka High Court, Tuesday, ZCCM-IH told the Court that since KCM began operations, it had only paid US$58 million dividends to government and it had been involved in tax evasion schemes.
“Since the company commenced operations in 2004, it has only declared total dividends of US$58 million out of which it has refused, neglected or ignored to pay around US$10 million which was declared sometime in 2013 despite the sun having been accounted for in the financial statements. The company has failed to develop the mining areas in Chingola and Chililabombwe and carry out mining operations with due diligence in accordance with the program of mining operation in breach of Section 35(1)(b) of the Mines and Minerals Development A t 2015,” read the petition.
“The company is being managed in a manner detrimental to the interests of the Petitioner…the company is engaged in massive tax evasion through transfer mis-pricing and other unscrupulous means.”
And in an affidavit in support of application to appoint provisional liquidator, acting ZCCM CEO Mabvuto Chipata stated that KCM had not been declaring dividends and had neglected to clear its debts.
The inter-partes hearing of the application concerning the appointment of Milingo Lungu as provisional liquidator is scheduled to be heard today, May 24.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- High Court orders a trial within trial in Benny Zulu’s murder case - 13 Nov 2019
- ZNBC journalist testifies in Kambwili’s racial remarks case - 13 Nov 2019
- Chilangwa’s wife appears in court for forgery - 13 Nov 2019
- Apex lecturer denies making sexual advances on 2 students - 12 Nov 2019
- Ex-employee sues NAPSA over salary arrears - 12 Nov 2019
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both (12,003 views)
- Electoral violence inquiry report implicates Mumbi Phiri, Frank Bwalya, Mwata Kazembe (4,932 views)
- DEC summons Amos Chanda for questioning (4,742 views)
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu (3,997 views)
- Lungu pardons Sinjela, 4 others on his 63rd birthday (2,565 views)
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
- ConCourt ruling on ex-ministers different from my 2021 eligibility, this one is questionable - Lungu
- South African parliament debates Zesco debt to Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend