- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Girl narrates how her fathers best friend defiled her, gave her panado to kill the painBy Diggers Correspondent on 20 Jun 2019
A 15-year-old girl of Misaka township in Kitwe has testified before the Kitwe Magistrate’s Court how her fathers best friend had unlawful carnal knowledge of her in the bathroom.
The juvinile also disclosed that after the defilement ordeal she fail pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy on May 30,2019.
She told the court that the baby is now two weeks, six days, but has taken up her surname.
This is a case in which 38-year-old Micheal Phiri is charged with defilement contrary to the laws of Zambia.
Particulars of the offence are that on August 1 and October 8, 2018 in Kitwe the accused person had unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl below the age of 16 years.
And in her testimony the juvenile told Senior Resident Magistrate Osward Mwansa Chibalo that on the material day, her step father who is a best friend of the accused person sat outside their house drinking alcohol.
She said the two drunk their alcohol into the night but later the accused announced that he was leaving, as it was getting late.
She told the court that at that time, she and her siblings were in the house but she was able to hear what was happening outside.
She further told the court that she decided to go and pick up a potty (chemba) from the bathroom which is 10 meters away from the house, but that as she got there the accused tackled her to the ground and gagged her mouth to prevent her from screaming.
She said the accused undressed her underwear, unzipped his trousers and started having unlawful carnal knowledge of her.
She said during the process, she felt pain on her private parts and that when he was done he threatened to kill her if she told his wife about the ordeal.
“As I went to the bathroom, he ‘swept’ (sic) me off the ground and I fail ‘upwards’ (sic), I didn’t carry any torch or light with me but I was able to tell that its Phiri because there was moonlight. He undressed me and himself, later he inserted his penis into my vagina and then I felt pain but couldn’t scream because he held my mouth,” the juvenile narrated.
She told the court that the following day the accused person brought four panados for her to take to reduce the pain but that she refused to do so.
She said later in the same year, in October, the accused came and requested to see her step father but she responded that she was only home alone and that she was sleeping in the bedroom, as she was not feeling too well.
She said upon hearing that, the accused person entered the bedroom and held her close to the bed were he again undressed and defiled her again.
She told the court that when he was done he dressed up and left her lying on the bed.
She said she did not tell any one about the two ordeals not until when her grandmother checked her and discovered that she was pregnant.
She said her grandmother informed her daughter (victims mother) that her grand daughter was pregnant.
She said her mother asked her about who was responsible for the pregnancy and that she told them it was Micheal Phiri, the best friend to her step-father.
She said her father expressed disappointment when he learnt that his best friend had been having carnal knowledge of his step-daughter and that he took her to Mwekera Police post where the matter was reported.
She said officers from central police station took the matter up and apprehended the accused person.
“I was the one who saw him on the road and I was the one who told police officers that that was the man they were looking for. When he was arrested we went back to station where my mother was given a medical form to take to Central hospital and when we reached there the doctors area of concentration was my stomach and private part, when the Doctor examined me he said I was six months pregnant and that we should go back home and wait for the court proceedings,” narrated the juvenile.
About Diggers Correspondent
The Diggers Correspondent is a versatile writer.
- Don’t mine gold illegally, Musukwa cautions Mwinilunga residents - 20 Aug 2019
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats of the Livestock Subsector in Zambia - 17 Aug 2019
- 2 Ndola women get 18 years for inserting bottle in fellow’s private parts - 16 Aug 2019
- Chingola man murders friend over dispute for privacy with girlfriend - 16 Aug 2019
- Ndola court acquits man accused of forcing child to suck his manhood - 14 Aug 2019
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,242 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,873 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (985 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (905 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (891 views)
- Don’t mine gold illegally, Musukwa cautions Mwinilunga residents
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend