by Natasha Sakala on 17 Jan 2020by Natasha Sakala on 17 Jan 2020by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Jan 2020by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Jan 2020
by Stuart Lisulo on 16 Jan 2020by Stuart Lisulo on 15 Jan 2020by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Jan 2020by Natasha Sakala on 12 Jan 2020
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Jan 2020by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Jan 2020by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Jan 2020by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Jan 2020
- Goal Diggers
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Jan 2020by Abraham Kalito on 14 Jan 2020by Abraham Kalito on 13 Jan 2020by Tim Zulu on 13 Jan 2020
by Diggers Editor on 17 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 16 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 14 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 12 Jan 2020
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Jan 2020by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 14 Jan 2020by Julius Kapembwa, PhD on 7 Jan 2020by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jan 2020
- Editor's Choice
by Sikonathi Mantshantsha on 11 Jan 2020by Amber Phillips on 19 Dec 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 17 Jan 2020by Zindikilani Banda in Sinda on 9 Jan 2020by Felix Kashweka on 17 Dec 2019
Ndola court acquits man accused of forcing child to suck his manhoodBy Diggers Correspondent on 14 Aug 2019
The Ndola Magistrates’ Court has acquitted a 22-year-old man who allegedly forced an eight-year-old girl to suck his manhood which he claimed produced “Milkit”.
In this case, Samuel Mpengula of Kabushi was charged with unnatural offences.
Particulars alleged that on May 19, Mpengula had unlawful carnal knowledge of a child against the order of nature.
Earlier, during trial before Ndola resident magistrate Monica Mutinta, mother of the victim testified that she got a phone call from one of her daughters that her youngest child was found sucking Mpengula’s manhood.
She said when she rushed home and questioned Mpengula, he denied having committed the offence.
The mother also told court that the incident was not happening for the first time as previously, Mpengula was caught doing the same thing to her daughter.
She testified, however, that the family did not report the matter to police but opted to resolve it privately.
“I decided to report him to police this time around because this was happening for the second time. The first time when he fed my daughter his private parts, I forgave him and we sat as family,” she said.
She further narrated that she did not her check her daughter’s mouth because time had passed after the incident happened.
The victim’s mother also said when she asked her daughter about the incident, she explained to her that Mpengula placed his manhood in her mouth.
“My daughter said he put ‘MTN’ in her mouth, by MTN, she meant private parts,” she narrated.
And a 15-year-old neighbour, Christine Ngosa, said she saw Mpengula laying on a bed in his room while the child was sucking his manhood.
She testified that she then rushed outside and called other people to witness what happened.
“When I peeped through the door, I saw Mpengula on his bed while the child was down on the floor sucking his private parts,” she said.
When the matter came up for Judgement, magistrate Mutinta wondered why the prosecution did not call the victim to be a witness.
“After going through the evidence before court, I warn myself on the dangers of conviction. It is strange that the prosecution could not call the victim to be one of the witnesses. The prosecution has failed to prove the case beyond reasonable doubt. I therefore, acquit the accused of the charge of unnatural offence and set him free,” said magistrate Mutinta.
About Diggers Correspondent
The Diggers Correspondent is a versatile writer.
- How Rolland turned K5 into K84,007.93 - 17 Jan 2020
- The Significance of Village Chickens in Building Economically Resilient Rural Households - 14 Jan 2020
- Defence battle goes to Eagles - 13 Jan 2020
- Bill 10 will take away our power over land, fears chief Nzamane - 13 Jan 2020
- Eskom chairman Jabu Mabuza resigns after failure to curb load shedding - 11 Jan 2020
- Maid admits poisoning boss' breakfast (7,952 views)
- Start preparing your exit, Chilubi is ours, Mumbi taunts HH (2,435 views)
- Mundende, board must resign to improve Zesco’s performance – Eskom consultant (2,049 views)
- How Zesco imported Air from Eskom and made people pay for it (1,997 view)
- Ex-OP official challenges dismissal in High Court (1,920 view)
- Zesco getting money by false pretences, hiking electricity which they don’t have – Nawakwi
- Mundende, board must resign to improve Zesco’s performance – Eskom consultant
- Transfers at KCM not political, they’re for operational efficiency – Milingo
- Police capture 365 GBV cases in 2 days
- We’ll sue ECZ if they fail to sponsor observers to Dubai – UPND
- Kamanga takes fresh swipe at Kalusha Bwalya
- How Zesco imported Air from Eskom and made people pay for it
- Maid admits poisoning boss' breakfast
- PF Central Committee's Lungu endorsement disadvantaging others - Panji Kaunda
- IMF package will be bitter, it won’t be about tightening belts but skirts - Nawakwi
Subscribe For News In Email
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend