- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Witness narrates how 6-year-old was defiled on her way from schoolBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Jan 2020
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has heard how a six-year-old pupil was allegedly defiled after being chased by a man on her way from school.
The said man allegedly lifted the victim and took her to the nearest house where he defiled her.
This is a matter in which Richard Mwila, a 21-year-old unemployed man of Zingalume Township, is charged with defilement,
Particulars of the offence are that on October 11, 2019, Mwila defiled a child under the age of 16.
When the matter came up for continued trial before Lusaka Magistrate Alice Walusiku, the victim’s mother told the court that she learnt about the defilement after she was called by school authorities, who told her that she was urgently needed at school.
The woman said when she went to her child’s school, she discovered that her daughter had been defiled.
And Detective sergeant Fidelis Mupatu, who also testified in the matter, told the court that on the material day, he reported for work and was allocated a defilement docket.
He testified that he later on interviewed the victim who narrated to him that on the material day, she was walking back home from school in the company of two friends.
Mupatu said the child narrated that while they were walking, a man started chasing them until he caught her.
He said the man lifted the victim and took her to the nearest house where he made her lie down on the bed and had unlawful carnal knowledge of her.
Mupatu said when he visited the scene, he discovered that the accused’s house was located about 10 to 15 metres from where the victim was picked up before being defiled.
The officer said during an identification parade, the child failed to identify the accused as she was at the time hurt on her private parts which were also bleeding.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Court sets March 5 for hearing application in Kabulonga teachers, retirees’ eviction case - 29 Jan 2020
- Chanda, Soko deny receiving bribes from IMS - 29 Jan 2020
- Court hears how Lusaka man defiled 8-yr-old niece’s friend - 29 Jan 2020
- Kaputo gets death sentence for killing Precious - 29 Jan 2020
- Maureen sues Bonanza, Wellcash Debt Recovery over botched loan agreement - 24 Jan 2020
- Suspected ritual killers turn into cats when we try to arrest them - Katanga (3,563 views)
- It’d be dangerous to give PF another 5 years under Lungu – Kambwili (2,388 views)
- Kaputo gets death sentence for killing Precious (2,296 views)
- Lusaka teacher gets 1 year for corruption (2,257 views)
- Chingola riots a sign of people's anger against govt lies (2,060 views)
- Lungu’s chances of winning 2021 are nil – Sangwa
- Copper prices maintain downward trend amid fast-spreading Corona outbreak
- Lungu hails revamped $35m Zamanita plant
- Sumaili washes hands on Seer 1: I can’t confirm if anyone got his power
- Court sets March 5 for hearing application in Kabulonga teachers, retirees’ eviction case
- Sinda residents stole from me instead of helping after my accident, laments Mkaika MP
- Porn addicts fail to function in marriages, says Sumaili
- Challenge me, but if you rock the boat, we’ll throw you out - Lungu
- Chingola riots a sign of people's anger against govt lies
- Those who see our mistakes must advise us - UPND
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend