- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Conqueror of a democratic EmpireBy Joseph Mwenda on 13 Nov 2016
FATHER Stephen Mwape, please calm down; you don’t have to swear on your life when announcing your preparedness to wreak vengeance on the PF for swindling you.
I can imagine how annoyed you are after my President promised you that he would handover the Chawama football pitch to your church, and some foolish deputy mayor (as you call him) decides to take advantage of my President’s absence to allocate plots on your land.
Before we go too far, let me make it clear that I blame it on your mouth Fr Mwape. It’s your fault that you and your fellow katolikas were duped, because you spoke too soon. Let me remind you.
When my President was elected into office, you were blinded by love, and never realized that he could have been lying through his iconic teeth.
It’s you who said those criticizing my President will never rule this country because they are jealous people, and I still agree with you up to now.
Exactly, this is what you said: “Ignore those writing negative things about you. You have a huge role of developing this country. Let them criticize, they will never rule.”
So where has your bitterness come from now?
Fr Stephen MWAPE: “Go and tell Edgar Lungu that he has started a battle with the Catholic Church and we are ready to fight him in 2016. Uwafulwa, lwakwe, I don’t care because namuntendeka. Pantu niba deputy mayor, icipuba, mulebatina; with me kaleza kaning’ambe, I am ready for you in 2016. Muyemumwebe, mukamuuze ati you are fighting a losing battle.”
So at first, this father Mwape saw Martin Luther King in my President, and all over a sudden, he is seeing Idi Amin? Strange!
Well, this is what I tell my friends all the time; never tell a woman that you love her until you see her sisters. You may think she is the best in her family, and your impatient mouth will cause you to live the rest of your life with a regrettable decision.
Today father Mwape feels my President’s rule has now been characterized by human rights abuses, political repression, corruption, and gross economic mismanagement.
Maybe he is right, my President has turned out to be the Idi Amin of our country, but whose fault is it that we believe what he says?
Father Mwape, let me tell you what Idi Amin’s most famous quote was: “Sometimes people mistake the way I talk for what I am thinking.” (You can google this if you think I am making things up).
So when my President says, “Don’t worry about the economy, kwacha, load-shedding”, Remember Idi Amin Baba!
In fact, I like it when people begin to liken my President to that Ugandan son of a gun, for one particular reason. Idi Amin promoted himself to Field Marshal when he became President, to emphasise the fact that he had unquestionable authority over his military state.
I hereby propose to you my President that you promote yourself to State Counsel, or even Supreme State Counsel. That way, you will unquestionably counsel yourself over governance matters without Wynter Kabimba raising a finger at you.
Remember that after the British withdrew from Uganda, Amin declared that he had defeated the imperialists, and added “CBE” to his title, meaning “Conqueror of the British Empire.”
Like wise, I suggest to you my President that you upgrade your status to: Edgar Chagwa Lungu, Supreme State Council, Order of Distinguished Service, and Conqueror of a once democratic Empire.
That’s it for todayRelated Items
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend