- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Son of a gunBy Joseph Mwenda on 13 Nov 2016
YOU know that the murder his son committed really hit him hard if he couldn’t even remember one flamboyant word when police picked him up for questioning.
But don’t lose hope; George Mpombo never lets people down, so lets hear it from him one more time.
George MPOMBO: “He is my son yes, but he has embellished an abysmal, iniquitous delinquency and the law should take its trajectory. No one’s spawn should be imperiled to such a quietus. I cannot countenance this iniquitous by slaying that brings sanctity of life into opprobrium. It is one of the furthermost arduous and horrendous junctures of my life as a progenitor. I was not sentient that he stole my cannon and started using the artillery for such an abysmal uxoricide. He has no veracious autonomy to take someone’s sentience creation, surely. I was not even versed in that he was materializing before the constabularies for investigations.”
Anyway, jokes aside. George Mpombo junior killed his girlfriend after she told him that she was pregnant.
He stole a gun from his father, used it to stage a robbery at a filling station, according to police, and after the attempt failed, his girlfriend told him that she was pregnant and he put a bullet in her – you know what.
I thought the lesson here was that, girls should assess when to break the news to their boyfriends. You can’t just yell out the ‘missing’ word and expect him to kiss you! The fool was probably just trying out his gun for the first time, so he is bound to use his father’s gun if you scare him.
Why not lead him to the firing range again, and while he is about to pull the trigger, break the news! He won’t kill you, or if he does he won’t use his fathers gun.
But actually, I don’t think that’s the real lesson from this story, I think the true teaching is that parents, if we want to look like movie serial killers, we should never name our children Junior.
If my father who named me Junior, looks like Adamson Mushala and talks like a girl, disowns me like that when police arrest me for murder, I would make sure there was one more bullet remaining.
That’s it for todayRelated Items
- Cabinet debates total lockdown (16,723 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (12,618 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (8,689 views)
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus - Siliya (3,364 views)
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases (2,835 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29
- We’ve started mobilizing funds to fight COVID-19 – Ng’andu
- Justice Without Remedy? A Comment on the Constitutional Court Judgment in the Case of Kambwili v Attorney General
- Philosophy & Homosexuality
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish!
- Cabinet debates total lockdown
- What will be Mr Lungu’s achievements by 2021?
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus – Siliya
- LCC not ready for COVID-19, says Mayor
- COVID-19 cases rise to 22
- Topstar removes Prime TV from its platforms
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend