- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Stupid rich hatBy Joseph Mwenda on 13 Nov 2016
SO MANY Zambians have twitted and posted Facebook messages of love and goodwill to the Mwanawasa family to mark seven years since the passing of Levy.
“Levy Mwanawasa is a man who was ready to risk his hold on power in preference to long-term economic stability,” wrote one Facebook fan.
Another supporter wrote: “He was a man who promoted the rule of law, a new deal government founded on strict management.”
“Zambia may never have such a devoted and visionary leader like Levy. He was simply the best,” tweeted another supporter.
The messages went on and on, but what all of you forget is that Levy wouldn’t have been such an adored leader without his wife Maureen.
I think if Levy was an intelligent man, Maureen went further to make him be the best husband and greatest father of the nation, to the satisfaction of all of you who tweeted, because that is what a good first lady does.
So this brings me to the point I am trying to make here.
Maureen, will you kindly look around the country and marry for us another damn good president please, if that’s not too much to ask.
I know you are a lawyer now and your perception of things has even improved. So if Zambians loved Levy, show them that you can even do better this time.
Everyone is shy to tell you this Maureen, but hear it from me; you are delaying our journey towards prosperity. We will never get back the dollar to K3 if you don’t make that move – I know you have ‘do’ it before and you can ‘done’ it again. Wink!
Ooops! Sorry my President, I didn’t know you would be reading this. Someone misled me that you were actually dozing so I thought I could take a moment to flirt with Maureen while you rested, but don’t worry she doesn’t take me seriously.
Now that we know you are wide awake, please tell me my President; at how much did we auction your black hat again? US$15, 000 dollars? Wow! And Edith Nawakwi says my President wears stupid hats? Edith, if stupidity costs US$15, 000 then I don’t want to be wise. This is by far the most expensive hat in the history of stupid hats.
What you should also know Edith is that this hat is the ugliest in the wardrobe; so wait until my President drops the ones he bought from Yoweri Museveni on his recent trip.
I don’t even know how much FDD is worth as a party but just know this Edith, my President can easily sale a couple of hats (in dollars because he doesn’t like the way the kwacha is falling) and he can buy all your party members to replace the stupid, arrogant PF members whom he has told to get out.
If he wants he can even buy and kill all the fish from Lake Kariba because he wasn’t happy last week when he visited Siavonga, to hear that the fish was drinking too much of little remaining water that Zesco is surviving on.
That’s it for todayRelated Items
- Cabinet debates total lockdown (30,070 views)
- Sangwa asks Lungu to declare State of Emergency (9,500 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (9,491 views)
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus - Siliya (8,469 views)
- Zambian student chased from Chinese University over suspected COVID-19 (6,721 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29
- We’ve started mobilizing funds to fight COVID-19 – Ng’andu
- Justice Without Remedy? A Comment on the Constitutional Court Judgment in the Case of Kambwili v Attorney General
- Philosophy & Homosexuality
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish!
- Cabinet debates total lockdown
- What will be Mr Lungu’s achievements by 2021?
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus – Siliya
- LCC not ready for COVID-19, says Mayor
- COVID-19 cases rise to 22
- Topstar removes Prime TV from its platforms
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend