- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Tranquilized stateBy Joseph Mwenda on 13 Nov 2016
DOCTOR Boniface Fundafunda, I have always had a lot of respect for you, but now I am loosing it because of the way you are managing the distribution of essential drugs at Medical Stores.
It’s not too long ago when you wrote to government claiming that the country has run out of vital medicines.
So where the hell are these ministers getting the diazepam from?
Dr Fundafunda, we all want to sleep because we are not happy with so many things going on right now. So I find it unacceptable for you to restrict the distribution of these important sedatives to a few ministers.
Us ordinary citizens are the ones who deserve free supplies of diazepam because we are failing to sleep naturally, be it day or night.
How do you justify your actions to give my President and ministers like Alexander Chikwanda the little remaining sleeping drugs at the expense of millions of citizens?
If it’s Chikwanda, being a stingy man that he is, he must have taken the share of Diazepam you allocated to Chishimba Kambwili so that the overdose keeps him at peace the whole month. Because how does a Minister of Finance miss a State House fundraising event?
Chikwanda is actually the best golfer from Kaunda’s generation of government employees, but he missed the State House tournament because of your generosity Dr Fundafunda.
What I know is that in a medicine crisis situation like we have at the moment in Zambia, all of us as citizens have to ration the little remaining essential drugs like Valium, Morphine, Piriton and so on, with priority of course given to the Head of State.
I am not complaining that you are giving my President too much of the sleeping pills, no! With the current state of affairs, you probably have to double his dosage, because my President needs to sleep more often.
In fact, if you had delivered the sleeping pills to State House on time last Sunday, my President wouldn’t have said there “will be no elections next year in his speech”.
So why don’t you give my friend Amos Chanda the task to tranquilize my President every time he tries to sleep-talk, because we can’t afford to keep him awake with such an overzealous opposition snooping around every word he utters.
That is how I think you should utilise the remaining drugs Dr Fundafunda, not giving them to people like Freedom Sikazwe.
Unless you tell me there is serious pilferage at Medical Stores Limited, otherwise, who gave Sikazwe sleeping pills instead of much more important Cabinet ministers, or indeed the first lady.
Yeah, I really think Esther needs to take a nap immediately because at the rate she is going, she will surely clash with Edith Nawakwi who is also troubled by insomnia.
That’s it for todayRelated Items
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- 3 Zimbabwean women in court for stealing food from Pick n Pay
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend