- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Enesi Kaoma on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Constipation courtBy Joseph Mwenda on 14 Dec 2016
LETS face it, the Constitution Court works like a condom; it knows that its job is to protect the two individuals, but it can chose to mess up both if they are being rough.
Well, in the condom scenario, the gentle partner ends up paying for the unnecessary aggression of the other, but again, isn’t that how this election petition case will end?
I would have said the only difference is that the ConCourt doesn’t work at night when neighbours have gone to sleep, but did you hear what the ConCourt president said?
Hildah Chibomba: “We only have up to midnight to hear this matter and to conclude with witnesses. We have six and half hours to finish by 23:45. We take about 15 minutes for each witness and no examination-in-chief. We will share the time equitably, unfortunately that’s the Constitution we have. We are all constrained but we have this task and we have to finish.”
My Lady! Firstly I don’t know why I am addressing you as “my lady” when we both know that you are someone else’s lady. Secondly, sorry for putting this on you, but I hear you are the boss.
So madam president, allow me to just call you beautiful Hildah. You wouldn’t take issue with that now, would you? Unless you think I am lying, which is possible coz I haven’t met you before – in which case I will just recuse myself from calling your name.
Anyway madam president, here is my point: You and I know that judges and lawyers are well paid, well respected people who go to work having first eaten a healthy breakfast and some reasonable lunch, in some cases. Now, if you deny such well fed people an opportunity for their digestion system to breath until 23:45, you can’t surely continue referring to such a gathering as a Constitutional Court – that’s a Constipation Court, madam president!
I know your desire is to deliver justice, but exhausting all the time to court proceedings without taking into account your own rights as judges to relax your muscles and breath, amounts to murder by constipation.
Yes, Mr Hakainde Hichilema and my president are testing your elasticity in this matter, which clearly lacks lubrication, but you can’t guarantee them protection at the expense of your own human rights.
In fact, my President is still in power, which makes me wonder why we went to elections in the first place, and he has shown you that he can still fire people at will. If you take away the Jameson from his lips and put a microphone, he can even announce his Cabinet, while this case is still going on – so why are you in a hurry?
Look madam president, after this tiring exercise, whether you like it or not, the ConCourt will remain like used protection – disgraced and no one wants to touch it anymore; but since it’s plastic by nature, it will be recycled and be useful elsewhere.
That’s it for today
Like our Facebook page
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- HH gets thunderous welcome in his homeland - 25 Sep 2017
- Lungu funding violence – HH - 24 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten – Munir Zulu - 23 Sep 2017
- Parliament finds Antonio guilty of committing contempt on Facebook - 21 Sep 2017
- ZUFIAW demands reduced Pay as You Earn - 21 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend