- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Constipation courtBy Joseph Mwenda on 14 Dec 2016
LETS face it, the Constitution Court works like a condom; it knows that its job is to protect the two individuals, but it can chose to mess up both if they are being rough.
Well, in the condom scenario, the gentle partner ends up paying for the unnecessary aggression of the other, but again, isn’t that how this election petition case will end?
I would have said the only difference is that the ConCourt doesn’t work at night when neighbours have gone to sleep, but did you hear what the ConCourt president said?
Hildah Chibomba: “We only have up to midnight to hear this matter and to conclude with witnesses. We have six and half hours to finish by 23:45. We take about 15 minutes for each witness and no examination-in-chief. We will share the time equitably, unfortunately that’s the Constitution we have. We are all constrained but we have this task and we have to finish.”
My Lady! Firstly I don’t know why I am addressing you as “my lady” when we both know that you are someone else’s lady. Secondly, sorry for putting this on you, but I hear you are the boss.
So madam president, allow me to just call you beautiful Hildah. You wouldn’t take issue with that now, would you? Unless you think I am lying, which is possible coz I haven’t met you before – in which case I will just recuse myself from calling your name.
Anyway madam president, here is my point: You and I know that judges and lawyers are well paid, well respected people who go to work having first eaten a healthy breakfast and some reasonable lunch, in some cases. Now, if you deny such well fed people an opportunity for their digestion system to breath until 23:45, you can’t surely continue referring to such a gathering as a Constitutional Court – that’s a Constipation Court, madam president!
I know your desire is to deliver justice, but exhausting all the time to court proceedings without taking into account your own rights as judges to relax your muscles and breath, amounts to murder by constipation.
Yes, Mr Hakainde Hichilema and my president are testing your elasticity in this matter, which clearly lacks lubrication, but you can’t guarantee them protection at the expense of your own human rights.
In fact, my President is still in power, which makes me wonder why we went to elections in the first place, and he has shown you that he can still fire people at will. If you take away the Jameson from his lips and put a microphone, he can even announce his Cabinet, while this case is still going on – so why are you in a hurry?
Look madam president, after this tiring exercise, whether you like it or not, the ConCourt will remain like used protection – disgraced and no one wants to touch it anymore; but since it’s plastic by nature, it will be recycled and be useful elsewhere.
That’s it for today
Like our Facebook page
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Govt failing to target resources to key sectors for economic growth – Saasa - 10 Feb 2020
- High Court refuses to stay defamation proceedings against Fresher Siwale - 11 Nov 2019
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 11 Sep 2019
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe - 11 Sep 2019
- Lungu must address debt, loadshedding, mealie meal prices in Parley address – CSPR - 10 Sep 2019
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing (7,506 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (6,643 views)
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (6,632 views)
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?” (2,986 views)
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing (2,414 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- We hope ACC has done its homework on Chilufya – TIZ
- IMF won’t bailout Zambia – Hamududu
- Govt still owes agro dealers K781m, Katambo tells Parley
- Close schools if govt can’t guarantee children’s safety, insists NAQEZ
- Opposition using people to bring confusion – Kampyongo
- Lusambo’s $100,000 loan offer to Kabushi teachers an insult, says UPND aspirant
- I love dealing with animals because they don’t talk – Luo
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington
- CTPD calls for practical measures for economic recovery
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country – Kampyongo
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili’s actions border on lawlessness
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend