- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017by Lulu Wood on 10 Nov 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Soon you might attend my funeral – CanisiusBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 6 Mar 2017
I have been attending other people’s funerals; but soon you might be attending mine, says Dr Canisius Banda.
The former UPND vice-president for politics evoked emotions when he posted this chilling article on his Facebook page today:
“ON PILGRIMS [The Farewell Thoughts of One Canisius Banda]:
….You have been great to me. I have learnt many things from you. You have been such a great team/bunch.
And I am immensely grateful to you all
We come and we go. Earth is just a station for us to manifest the magnificence of our Lord.
I have been attending other people’s funerals; but soon you might be attending mine.
My journey might be reaching its end now.
Pray for me.
And love each other always. Always remember instead of building walls we must build bridges. It is when you secure another that you secure yourself. Emit light. Occasion good. Build lives.
Farewell, my friends.
And remember to tell our son, Miles and Nkosinatthi, daughter, to be on the side of God always. As a community raise them well. They too are your children.
Goodbye. I thank God for everything.
So should it be the decision of the Heavens that I must not speak with you again, so be it, I say farewell.
Farewell, my friends.
Continue travelling. This is a relay.
For now pray for me!
PS: …and please oh please! This is not a suicide note. Go on, you are free to laugh.
When one of his followers asked him if he was planning to commit suicide, Dr Banda responded that he had never been suicidal but that he also had never gotten as ill as he currently was in his 50 years on earth.
By press time, Dr Banda was unreachable.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend