- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Ugly divorce leads to closure of Komboni RadioBy Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017
Muvi TV proprietor Stephen Nyirenda today stormed Komboni Radio in Lusaka’s Kamwala residential area, confiscated broadcasting equipment, a transmitter and locked the premises, sending employees into panic.
On November 17, Nyirenda’s recently divorced wife Lesa Kasoma sued him in the Lusaka High Court over their matrimonial home in Roma, which she wants the court to declare as jointly owned.
But around 12:00 hours today, Nyirenda in the company of others closed down the radio station.
According to sources, Nyirenda was angered after discovering that Kasoma had changed the ownership of the radio station.
“Yes, he (Nyirenda) went there today because there is a lot that has been happening. That broadcasting equipment was bought by Muvi TV, so after she was entrusted with some responsibilities, she started changing the ownership. So the boss just decided that enough is enough. That’s how he went and picked up everything and locked the place,” said the source.
When contacted for a comment, Kasoma told News Diggers! that she could not comment because she was in a meeting.
“Yes, it is true. I can’t comment any further, I am in a meeting, I will call you later,” said Kasoma.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India - 21 Aug 2019
- Lungu won’t meet Vedanta boss, clarifies Chipampe - 20 Aug 2019
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa - 19 Aug 2019
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president - 14 Aug 2019
- Lungu meets Vedanta boss, insists liquidation will proceed - 14 Aug 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,578 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,564 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,160 view)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,018 view)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (930 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend