- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
PF not happy with LAZ – BwalyaBy Stella Goma on 8 Feb 2017
PATROTIC Front deputy spokesperson Frank Bwalya says although he does not support calls to disband LAZ, the ruling party is officially not happy with its conduct.
And Bwalya says the PF will back President Edgar Lungu’s third term bid.
Speaking on Radio Phoenix’s Let the People Talk programme yesterday, Bwalya downplayed the attack which his party officials had unleashed on LAZ saying it was not the PF’s official position.
“The party has not taken an official position on this because there is no need to take an official position on an institution that is a creation of the law, that institution exists legally. Their decisions are open to criticism and sometimes some of our members may couch those criticisms in a manner that seems to extend to wanting to want the entire organisation, the entire institution scrapped and so on but it is not the position of the party,” Bwalya said.
He however said the party was disappointed with some of the positions LAZ had been making on national affairs.
“We are time and again as a party even officially not happy about certain positions the Law Association of Zambia has taken in terms of commissions even in terms of omissions when we have expected that they will rise to the challenge and speak, they may not speak, we have those disappointments but the official position is not that it should be disbanded the official position is not that we don’t need the Law Association Zambia in this country. You see we shouldn’t make a mistake to throw way a cup just because it is dirty, what you do to a dirty cup is to wash it and then you continue to use it,” he said.
And Bwalya said the PF would support President Lungu’s third term bid.
“The Patriotic Front after the demise of President Michael Chilufya Sata the founder, underwent very serious a turbulence and then a leader emerged who has consolidated unity of the county, has made sure we harness the games from 2011 and so on, he is a the leader we believe in. We are not saying he is perfect, no one is perfect but he is a leader who has distinguished himself to the point of creating a consensus within the party that we have the right man at the helm of our party and we want him supported by all members of the party to finish this term,” said Bwalya.
“And when he asks for another term we do believe that there will be have no problem to give a second term as leader of the party because of the way he has conducted himself, the way he has managed the party, the way he has provided national leadership and so on.”Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
- Lungu expels Kambwili, Musenge from PF
- I'm a threat to the sole candidate - Kambwili
- PF is being run by frustrated SG and deputy, they wanted to be ministers - youths
- Russia to deliver 4 superjets to Zambia in 2018, plus one for Head of State - Media
- Kapata mocks Lusaka Mayor over suggestion to bury Zesco cables
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend