Govt to spend K2m on ICC consultations

Justice Minister Given Lubinda has announced that government will spend K2 million to consult citizens on whether or not to leave the International Criminal Court.

Lubinda told journalists at a briefing yesterday that the consultations would be conducted in 30 districts across the country.

He said citizens would be required to make their submissions to a Ministry of Justice team.

He said President Edgar Lungu respected the views of the people and he appealed to the media to help sensitise people on the consultative process which will start next week Monday.

Lubinda said the people’s submissions would help Cabinet come up with a decision.

On Wednesday, Lubinda told Parliament in a ministerial statement that the ICC did not have any case involving Zambia or any Zambian citizen because no one had been found wanting by the Court.

         

Comment on article

Be the first to comment

Notify me of
avatar
4000
wpDiscuz

Send this to a friend