- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 21 Jul 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 21 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 18 Jul 2017by Charles Mafa on 13 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 13 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Kapeso says police have arrested four ‘assassins’ in SinazezeBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 30 Mar 2017
Police in Sinazeze District of Southern Province have arrested four assassins hired by unknown people to kill unsuspecting citizens.
Southern Province Police Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed this in a statement today, saying the suspects were arrested after being on the loose for a long time.
“Police in Sinazeze have arrested three of the most wanted dangerous criminals in Sinazongwe for various serious cases reported in the area after being on the loose for a long time. Two firearms, one AK 47 rifle and a shotgun have since been recovered with three rounds of ammunition,” Kapeso said.
“Two days ago, males Boniface Mulongo, 39, Maybin Siakainya, 45 and another person only identified as Cosmas, all of Sinazongwe District, were nabbed in connection with recent attempted murder of a named woman in Sinazeze whose arm has since been amputated while the fourth suspect was nabbed in Kalomo after he escaped from Maamba Police where he was detained for aggravated robbery which occurred last year. He has been identified as Abel Siampongo of Sianzovu village in Sinazongwe district.”
Kapeso said the fourth suspect, Siampongo, is alleged to have murdered Adrian Kanchele using an AK 47 rifle earlier this month.
“The four dangerous criminals are part of the group police are hunting for linked to several cases of murder, aggravated robberies and attempted murder cases reported to the police by members of the public,” said Kapeso.
“These criminals are said to be hired as assassins in order to kill other unsuspecting people accused or suspected by other ordinary people in the communities they live.”
Kapeso said all the suspects would appear in court soon.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend