- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Choma police nab four robbersBy Mirriam Chabala on 3 Apr 2017
Southern Province police commissioner Bonny Kapeso says police have arrested four suspects linked to ongoing robberies in Choma.
And Kapeso says Sinazeze police have nabbed 41-year-old man notorious for making home made guns used to murder people in the area.
In a statement today, Kapeso stated that people working in lodges had been targets.
“Police in Choma have arrested four suspects linked to the current robberies in Choma where workers from lodges have been targets of attack and other innocent people robbed of their valuables. Those arrested yesterday in Zambia compound include Kelvin Malambo , 22, Brian Silemu , 25, and Joseph Mulenga, 19, while the fourth has been identified as Given Santana, 17,” Kapeso stated.
“All of them are residents of Zambia compound in Choma. The quartet have been terrorising people and grabbing their items between 19:00 hours and 22:00 hours, and they have especially targeted workers from lodges.”
He stated that the suspects were currently detained in police custody and that they would soon appear in courts.
And police in Sinazeze have arrested a fifth person associated with murders in the area.
“Sinazeze police have also arrested a fifth person associated with the murders reported in the area where four assasins were nabbed last week. The fifth suspect identified as Kausa Muchindu 41, of Siamakoli village in Pemba District, is reported to have been the chief manufacturer and the supplier of the home made guns used in the killings of innocent people in Sinazongwe area. He will be charged jointly with the other suspects nabbed for murder cases being handled by the police and appear before Court,” stated Kapeso.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Criminal activities have become sophisticated – FIC - 14 Dec 2017
- TAZARA workers resume work after one week strike - 13 Dec 2017
- Some people pay US$5,000 to get honorary degrees – Luo - 13 Dec 2017
- Zambia can double 2018 tax collection target if there’s compliance – Kanyama - 13 Dec 2017
- D/Speaker rebukes Makebi for challenging ConCourt ruling - 12 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend