- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Enesi Kaoma on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Choma police nab four robbersBy Mirriam Chabala on 3 Apr 2017
Southern Province police commissioner Bonny Kapeso says police have arrested four suspects linked to ongoing robberies in Choma.
And Kapeso says Sinazeze police have nabbed 41-year-old man notorious for making home made guns used to murder people in the area.
In a statement today, Kapeso stated that people working in lodges had been targets.
“Police in Choma have arrested four suspects linked to the current robberies in Choma where workers from lodges have been targets of attack and other innocent people robbed of their valuables. Those arrested yesterday in Zambia compound include Kelvin Malambo , 22, Brian Silemu , 25, and Joseph Mulenga, 19, while the fourth has been identified as Given Santana, 17,” Kapeso stated.
“All of them are residents of Zambia compound in Choma. The quartet have been terrorising people and grabbing their items between 19:00 hours and 22:00 hours, and they have especially targeted workers from lodges.”
He stated that the suspects were currently detained in police custody and that they would soon appear in courts.
And police in Sinazeze have arrested a fifth person associated with murders in the area.
“Sinazeze police have also arrested a fifth person associated with the murders reported in the area where four assasins were nabbed last week. The fifth suspect identified as Kausa Muchindu 41, of Siamakoli village in Pemba District, is reported to have been the chief manufacturer and the supplier of the home made guns used in the killings of innocent people in Sinazongwe area. He will be charged jointly with the other suspects nabbed for murder cases being handled by the police and appear before Court,” stated Kapeso.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Money laundering compromising social security – Msiska - 25 Sep 2017
- LCC nabs 9 for discharging effluent in drainage - 25 Sep 2017
- Political Parties Bill will curb illicit funding – Wina - 25 Sep 2017
- Kabwata mob kills suspected thief - 25 Sep 2017
- Lift Mukula export ban, raise its tax – CTPD - 24 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend