- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Choma police nab four robbersBy Mirriam Chabala on 3 Apr 2017
Southern Province police commissioner Bonny Kapeso says police have arrested four suspects linked to ongoing robberies in Choma.
And Kapeso says Sinazeze police have nabbed 41-year-old man notorious for making home made guns used to murder people in the area.
In a statement today, Kapeso stated that people working in lodges had been targets.
“Police in Choma have arrested four suspects linked to the current robberies in Choma where workers from lodges have been targets of attack and other innocent people robbed of their valuables. Those arrested yesterday in Zambia compound include Kelvin Malambo , 22, Brian Silemu , 25, and Joseph Mulenga, 19, while the fourth has been identified as Given Santana, 17,” Kapeso stated.
“All of them are residents of Zambia compound in Choma. The quartet have been terrorising people and grabbing their items between 19:00 hours and 22:00 hours, and they have especially targeted workers from lodges.”
He stated that the suspects were currently detained in police custody and that they would soon appear in courts.
And police in Sinazeze have arrested a fifth person associated with murders in the area.
“Sinazeze police have also arrested a fifth person associated with the murders reported in the area where four assasins were nabbed last week. The fifth suspect identified as Kausa Muchindu 41, of Siamakoli village in Pemba District, is reported to have been the chief manufacturer and the supplier of the home made guns used in the killings of innocent people in Sinazongwe area. He will be charged jointly with the other suspects nabbed for murder cases being handled by the police and appear before Court,” stated Kapeso.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mwamba brings Trade, Investment forum to Zambia - 23 Jul 2017
- Authoritarian rule hurting investor confidence in Zambia – Mumba - 23 Jul 2017
- Chishimba condemns Pick n Pay slave wages - 22 Jul 2017
- Reduced mealie-meal price will affect famers – CUTS - 22 Jul 2017
- LAZ doesn’t have to be in love with govt – Wynter - 21 Jul 2017
- Lungu expels Kambwili, Musenge from PF
- I'm a threat to the sole candidate - Kambwili
- PF is being run by frustrated SG and deputy, they wanted to be ministers - youths
- Russia to deliver 4 superjets to Zambia in 2018, plus one for Head of State - Media
- Kapata mocks Lusaka Mayor over suggestion to bury Zesco cables
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend