- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Kabimba questions K200,000 Chinese donation to Esther LunguBy Mukosha Funga on 5 Apr 2017
Wynter Kabimba says it is wrong and against diplomatic convention practice for the Chinese Ambassador’s wife to donate K200,000 to First Lady Esther Lungu.
In a letter addressed to Ambassador Yang Youming today, Kabimba described the donation as improper, unethical and corrupt.
“On Tuesday 04th April, 2017, during the ZNBC main news at 19:00 hours, I saw a clip in which your spouse was presenting a cheque in excess of K200,000 as a donation to the First Lady, Mrs Esther Lungu’s foundation on behalf of the embassy. The said donation, according to your spouse was the first of the annual installments to the foundation. Whereas Zambian laws do not prohibit such donations as per se, a donation coming from a foreign embassy and/or government to a personal charity led by a First Lady is not only wrong, improper and unethical, but wholly outside the purview of the normal diplomatic conversions and practices,” Kabimba wrote.
He also wondered what criteria was used to pick First Lady Esther’s foundation as the recipient.
“Our position as the Rainbow Party is that the act undertaken by the embassy through your wife is tantamount to corruption. As you are very well aware, Mrs Lungu is and has been a principal and active campaigner of the Patriotic Front, a role which has a thin line with her purported foundation. In this vain, we view the donation as Rainbow Party as nothing but the financing of PF as a political party by your government through this foundation which is not accountable to any established board of trustees or subject to any rules and regulations,” wrote Kabimba.
“This is, therefore, political interference by your government in the domestic affairs of another sovereign state. In this regard, we demand that you furnish us with the criteria you used to make the donation in question to Mrs Lungu’s foundation out of the many existing old charities in the country. We also demand that the donation be withdrawn immediately. Yours faithfully, Wynter Kabimba.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ - 21 Nov 2017
- Govt gets excess drugs which expire in storage because they don’t consult pharmacists – Banda - 21 Nov 2017
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house - 21 Nov 2017
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson - 20 Nov 2017
- Quarry flying stone kills nearby juvenile - 20 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
- The court’s ruling was very clear, ex-ministers must pay – Kampamba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend