by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lungu commissions Chilenje Hospital, boasts ‘PF is on track’By Mirriam Chabala on 18 Apr 2017
We are not politicking; we are here to work, says President Edgar Lungu.
And President Lungu says those who do not recognise government’s efforts to stop complaining but move around the country and see development for themselves.
President Lungu said this when he commissioned the upgraded first level Hospital in Chilenje.
He commended Ministry of Health staff for their efforts in improving health service delivery throughout the country.
“The Patriotic Front government regards the health of our people as a key strategic economic factor to facilitate our attainment of Zambia as a prosperous country by the year 2030. The PF government is indeed on track in improving health services throughout the country. You can go Mbala, go to Solwezi, Mansa and elsewhere it is just the same. Those of you who have not traveled just travel and you will see that we are not just politicking, we are here to work,” President Lungu said.
The President expressed confidence that the upgrading of most clinics in the country to first level hospitals would decongest the University Teaching Hospital and Levy Mwanawasa Hospital.
“I am happy to note that the upgrading of Matero and Chilenje Hospitals has drastically reduced referrals to UTH and Levy Mwanawasa labour wards in Lusaka district from 28 percent in December, 2016 to 14 percent as of January this year. Chilenje Hospital has seen a reduction of referrals for all cases from 226 cases in the first quarter of 2016 to 165 in the first quarter of 2017. A further decrease is expected at Kanyama and Chawama level one Hospitals which are also fully operational. This, Dr (Chitalu) Chilufya and your team, is the way it should be; care should brought to the door steps of our people,” said President Lungu.
And President Lungu disclosed that 300 health workers out of the 1000 assigned to Lusaka district had been deployed to work at the new Chilenje Hospital on full time basis and had already reported for work.
Meanwhile, Japanese Ambassador to Zambia Hidenobu Sobashima pledged Japan’s continued support to the country’s health sector.
“The Government of Japan will continue contributing to these projects by providing the necessary health equipment. We hope that this Hospital will improve the health situation in the country in the end reduce congestion at the country’s biggest hospitals. It also out hope that this facility will contribute to the reduction of child mortality rates in Zambia,” Ambassador Sobashima said.
Meanwhile, Kabwata area Member of Parliament Given Lubinda described the upgrading of the facility to first level Hospital as a dream come true.
The newly commissioned Chilenje Hospital has been constructed at a cost of K100 million and it is expected to carter for 3500 people.
Pictures courtesy of State House:
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi - 13 Sep 2019
- Lungu must take his Parliament address seriously, people are distressed – Mweetwa - 13 Sep 2019
- Quitting politics has nothing to do with my brother’s appointment at BoZ – Chipimo - 12 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 12 Sep 2019
- Unless you kill me, arrests only make me add volume – Kambwili - 12 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,796 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,230 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,606 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,521 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,280 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend