- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Singer Petersen warns of ‘clever devils’ in govtBy Joseph Mwenda on 27 May 2017
Running a nation is a very sensitive duty, it’s not about having the most loved or loudest team, it’s about political, intellectual, educational and moral maturity which brings about competent leadership,” says singer Mukubesa Mundia.
Mundia, a Zambian dance-hall super star popularly known as Petersen, is concerned that the country is experiencing a fast paced political moral decay and took to social media to share his views below.
Leadership is not about individual or political party ambitions and bravery perseverance. Leadership demands and calls for wisdom. Arguably education is one other thing but like Martin Luther King Jr said “Intelligence plus character is the goal of true education.” When your government or party in power is full of educated heartless individuals, know that your administration system is nothing but a syndicate or cartel of clever devils.
“If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. Be careful, ‘brethren!’ Be careful, teachers!” – Martin Luther King Jr.
So when a nation claims of enjoying peace or freedom, ask your self about the fairness and consistency of the so-called justice system because…. “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
Government shouldn’t be running for religious belief approaches and church-tricks mind games when it needs to explain fairness and exhibit practical morality, government should provide national economic explanations, not diverting public attention to church programs nor should we rush for technicalities when masses need Godly reasoning and justice.
To all my fellow Zambian youths and comrades country wide, l would like to share this quote “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” This should help you evaluate the people you so consider for public office.
And always remember this, just because the one being fixed isn’t the one you support, shouldn’t make you comfortable. Remember Justin Timberlake’s “What goes around comes back around.”
I wake up today, and l am shocked at how things have changed. Some of my fellows that l thought we shared the same convictions have totally dropped their objectivity on national stability in exchange with their stomach interests and obesity.
Not surprised though, because l know that the upbringing matters a lot in any person’s life. When people don’t see any other way of personal survival, they trade their good morals for a few survival coins, its inevitable for the ambitious to be victims of the elite theory.
“The contemporary tendency in our society is to base our distribution on scarcity, which has vanished, and to compress our abundance into the overfed mouths of the middle and upper classes until they gag with superfluity. If democracy is to have breadth of meaning, it is necessary to adjust this inequity. It is not only moral, but it is also intelligent. We are wasting and degrading human life by clinging to archaic thinking.” Martin Luther King Jr — from “Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?” 1967
For this reason I choose to do what ever I can in my capacity to enforce social stability, political morality, economically informed and a country loving people.
“Be a bush if you can’t be a tree. If you can’t be a highway, just be a trail. If you can’t be a sun, be a star. For it isn’t by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are.”
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Negotiate less chaotic exit with Vedanta before arbitration kicks in – Chipimo tips govt - 26 Jul 2019
- Lungu fires Mawere, transfers Chitotela, Luo - 19 Jul 2019
- Chaotic takeover, planned sale of KCM will have serious legal implications on Zambia – Chipimo - 17 Jul 2019
- It will be contempt if govt sells KCM before court process – Liquidator - 12 Jul 2019
- There’s no link between China debt relief and KCM – Musukwa - 2 Jul 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (2,637 views)
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,474 views)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (2,050 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (1,413 view)
- Ingredients are right for UPND to form govt - HH (1,083 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend