- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Corruption denting the judiciary – MambilimaBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Jun 2017
Chief Justice Ireen Mambilima says corruption, laziness misappropriation of funds and dishonesty among officers of the Court is denting the judiciary.
Gracing a workshop for court clerks at Ndola’s Savoy Hotel today, Mambilima said the judiciary was being let down by a few corrupt individuals.
“Their work is characterized by laziness, practices such as corruption, misappropriation of funds, dishonesty and poor attitude towards members of the public. They mistreat people and pretend to be adjudicators. Those are the complaints from the majority of Zambians. It is such corrupt and dishonest individuals that are letting down the judiciary,” justice Mambilima said.
She advised court clerks to keep confidentiality.
“This responsibility requires you to keep in strictest confidence information you acquire in the course of your duty. You must not use the information for personal gain or as a means for obtaining bribes,” she said.
Justice Mambilima stressed the important role that court clerks play in keeping a positive public perception.
She added that court clerks were a critical interface between the courts and the litigating public because they were the first contact persons for those wanting to file their documents in court.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend