by Abraham Kalito on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Corruption denting the judiciary – MambilimaBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Jun 2017
Chief Justice Ireen Mambilima says corruption, laziness misappropriation of funds and dishonesty among officers of the Court is denting the judiciary.
Gracing a workshop for court clerks at Ndola’s Savoy Hotel today, Mambilima said the judiciary was being let down by a few corrupt individuals.
“Their work is characterized by laziness, practices such as corruption, misappropriation of funds, dishonesty and poor attitude towards members of the public. They mistreat people and pretend to be adjudicators. Those are the complaints from the majority of Zambians. It is such corrupt and dishonest individuals that are letting down the judiciary,” justice Mambilima said.
She advised court clerks to keep confidentiality.
“This responsibility requires you to keep in strictest confidence information you acquire in the course of your duty. You must not use the information for personal gain or as a means for obtaining bribes,” she said.
Justice Mambilima stressed the important role that court clerks play in keeping a positive public perception.
She added that court clerks were a critical interface between the courts and the litigating public because they were the first contact persons for those wanting to file their documents in court.
About Diggers Reporter
- Bauleni mob descends on ‘ritual killer’ - 23 Mar 2018
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- KBF is nothing but a mercenary in the eyes of the PF leadership
- Kambwili admitted at CFB, fails to appear in court
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend