- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Amos Chanda, Richard Sakala appear for contemptBy Diggers Reporter on 27 Jun 2017
President Edgar Lungu’s press aide Amos Chanda and Daily Nation proprietor Richard Sakala today appeared in the Subordinate Court in a matter where they stand charged for contempt.
UPND president Hakainde Hichilema has asked the court to cite them for contempt of court over an alleged defamatory article published in the Daily Nation newspaper attributed to Chanda last month.
Chanda was escorted by presidential legal adviser Sukwana Lukangaba as well as PF cadres including Kennedy Kamba and Brian Hapunda as he entered court.
Chanda and Lukangaba were seen constantly leaving the courtroom to confer outside before the before the court was called to order.
When the matter was called, HH and five other complainants were not before court and no explanation was given to magistrate Felix Kaoma who is presiding over the matter.
One of HH’s lawyers, Jack Mwiimbu, told the court that the matter would be adjourned as agreed by both parties.
“By consent of all the parties involved we have agreed that this matter be adjourned to July 5, 2017,” Mwiimbu said without giving reasons.
Sakaka and the Daily Nation are being represented by lawyer Jonas Zimba and others from Makebi Zulu and Advocates while Amos is being represented by Eric Silwamba and Lubinda Linyama.
According to the complainants, the words attributed to Chanda published in the Daily Nation that he acted foolishly over the Mongu motorcade saga are highly prejudicial and capable of prejudicing them in the treason case.
HH complained that the said words injured his reputation and exposed him to hatred.
Chanda is alleged to have issued the said remarks when he featured on Aljazeera’s The Stream program.
Meanwhile, there was an awkward moment between UPND vice-president Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba Sakala when the two were forced to share a seat.
Mwamba always uses strong language to describe Sakala whom he was once in good books with.
Sakala has also used his newspaper in the past to ridicule the UPND vice-president.
When Mwamba found Sakala in court, he told him “Sengelelauko iwe Richard Sakala twikale bonse.”
Sakala did not respond but joined other court attendees in laughing.
Mwamba held Sakala on his shoulder after he sat next to him.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend