- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Amos Chanda, Richard Sakala appear for contemptBy Diggers Reporter on 27 Jun 2017
President Edgar Lungu’s press aide Amos Chanda and Daily Nation proprietor Richard Sakala today appeared in the Subordinate Court in a matter where they stand charged for contempt.
UPND president Hakainde Hichilema has asked the court to cite them for contempt of court over an alleged defamatory article published in the Daily Nation newspaper attributed to Chanda last month.
Chanda was escorted by presidential legal adviser Sukwana Lukangaba as well as PF cadres including Kennedy Kamba and Brian Hapunda as he entered court.
Chanda and Lukangaba were seen constantly leaving the courtroom to confer outside before the before the court was called to order.
When the matter was called, HH and five other complainants were not before court and no explanation was given to magistrate Felix Kaoma who is presiding over the matter.
One of HH’s lawyers, Jack Mwiimbu, told the court that the matter would be adjourned as agreed by both parties.
“By consent of all the parties involved we have agreed that this matter be adjourned to July 5, 2017,” Mwiimbu said without giving reasons.
Sakaka and the Daily Nation are being represented by lawyer Jonas Zimba and others from Makebi Zulu and Advocates while Amos is being represented by Eric Silwamba and Lubinda Linyama.
According to the complainants, the words attributed to Chanda published in the Daily Nation that he acted foolishly over the Mongu motorcade saga are highly prejudicial and capable of prejudicing them in the treason case.
HH complained that the said words injured his reputation and exposed him to hatred.
Chanda is alleged to have issued the said remarks when he featured on Aljazeera’s The Stream program.
Meanwhile, there was an awkward moment between UPND vice-president Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba Sakala when the two were forced to share a seat.
Mwamba always uses strong language to describe Sakala whom he was once in good books with.
Sakala has also used his newspaper in the past to ridicule the UPND vice-president.
When Mwamba found Sakala in court, he told him “Sengelelauko iwe Richard Sakala twikale bonse.”
Sakala did not respond but joined other court attendees in laughing.
Mwamba held Sakala on his shoulder after he sat next to him.
About Diggers Reporter
- Zambia finally train in Ndola after 24 hour delay - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt refuses to join Lungu to 2021 eligibility case - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt allows inmates to vote - 16 Aug 2017
- Wedson upbeat despite Chipolopolo draw with Bafana - 13 Aug 2017
- Lsk man gets one year for stealing two Bibles - 10 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend