- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017by Lulu Wood on 10 Nov 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
ACC may be trailing Kambwili, not police – Amos ChandaBy Joseph Mwenda on 18 Jul 2017
State House Press aide Amos Chanda says it is highly likely that the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) officers are following former Information Minister Chishimba Kambwili at his house, since they have now concluded a corruption probe on him.
President Edgar Lungu’s spokesperson told a Patriotic Front press group, following questions from members on whether it was true that Police and Intelligence officers were trailing the Roan member of parliament, as claimed.
Chanda said he contacted the police command immediately Kambwili made the claim on Sunday, and he was assured that no police officers were sent to Kambwili’s house.
“If any wing of the state would turn up at his home, it would probably be ACC because they are the only ones for now who have confirmed having concluded a probe on him and were now analyzing whether they have a case against him,” said Chanda.
“If police turn up at your house in those numbers it is because they have made their mind they will pick you up. 25 cops cannot ran away from anyone no matter how big or small they may be! He (Kambwili) says he ran after one of them and stopped their car and confronted him; I called police immediately the Facebook post was brought to my attention and I was told by both local and provincial police chiefs, nothing of the sort was happening.”
Copperbelt police commissioner Charity Katanga, however, confirmed that her office sent, but only one, police officer to check if it was true that the member of parliament was having a press briefing.
On Sunday Kambwili complained that officers from the police and Office of the President were trailing him and invading his privacy.
“I woke up this morning and found over 25 armed police officers and 6 office of the president officers right outside my gate. From last night after I arrived in Luanshya police and op have been trailing me, trailing me as far as going into Shoprite right behind me. What is this nonsense? I am not a criminal, I am a law abiding citizen who deserves to be treated fairly. This State of Emergency was not called to trail and harass Chishimba Kambwili,” said Kambwili.
“As soon as I came out of my gate the police officers began to scamper in all directions but I managed to follow one car and confronted the officers, when I asked them what crime I have committed for me to be harassed in this manner they had no answer and simply said it’s not our own doing. Whoever is behind this must know that I will not run away from my own home, I will not run away from my responsibilities because I am not a coward.”
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- We are under siege from criminals – Financial Intelligence Centre - 23 Nov 2017
- JCC asks Lungu to suspend judge Nkonde - 23 Nov 2017
- JCC recommends suspension of judge Nkonde - 21 Nov 2017
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss - 21 Nov 2017
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF - 18 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend