by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
NGOCC bemoans rise in crimes of passionBy Mirriam Chabala on 30 Jul 2017
The Non Governmental Organisations Coordinating Council (NGOCC ) says no amount of provocation justifies killing someone.
In a statement yesteday, NGOCC Executive Director Engwase Mwale said it was disheartening that in the latest incidence, children witnessed their father kill their mother and her suspected lover.
“The Non Governmental Organisations Coordinating Council has bemoaned the increased cases of passion killings, with the latest case of a Nakonde man that killed his wife and her suspected lover in front of their children in Lusaka. NGOCC condemns in the strongest terms the killing of the woman and the suspected lover; especially that it was done in full view of their children. The children will live with the trauma of witnessing their mother being mercilessly murdered by their own father,” Mwale stated.
“Without doubt, these killings are robbing families of their beloved ones and the country in general of the much needed human resource. We would like to take this opportunity to advise couples to always find amicable ways of resolving their differences. No matter the amount of provocation, nothing justifies the taking away of another person’s life.”
And Mwale called on stakeholders to work together in addressing the root causes of spouse killings in order to find a lasting solution.
“As we have continually stated, Gender Based Violence (GBV) is a national crisis that should be addressed by all stakeholders. There is a compelling need for the nation to quickly convene an indaba to address the root causes of these passion killings that are sending productive lives to their early graves,” stated Mwale.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi - 13 Sep 2019
- Lungu must take his Parliament address seriously, people are distressed – Mweetwa - 13 Sep 2019
- Quitting politics has nothing to do with my brother’s appointment at BoZ – Chipimo - 12 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 12 Sep 2019
- Unless you kill me, arrests only make me add volume – Kambwili - 12 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,854 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,255 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,636 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,548 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,291 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend