- by Joseph Mwenya on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Let Lungu declassify Digital Migration deal so that I can disclose what happened – KambwiliBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Aug 2017
Expelled Roan PF Member of Parliament Chishimba Kambwili has asked President Edgar Lungu to declassify the Digital Migration deal so that he can reveal to the people of Zambia how it was done.
In an interview with News Digger! Kambwili said he had realised that he was being challenged to disclose government secrets so that he could be arrested.
He thanked his “comrade” Wynter Kabimba for giving him a timely warning against breaching the oath of secrecy adding that he would not fall in the PF trap.
“I am very grateful to comrade Wynter Kabimba, very grateful for his sentiments. Its like he knew that was the plan. I have already been informed that the Minister of Information was deliberately told to challenge me over Digital Migration so that I can divulge information on digital migration and then they come and arrest me. That is information which came to me by virtue of my office. And I am a very seasoned politician, I know that I can’t do that,” Kambwili said.
“Comrade Wynter is a lawyer, he knows what these people want to do. So I am not blind to that, I will not play in their trap, I will always be careful. I am grateful to Comrade Wynter for the timely advice.”
He however said his successor Kampamba Mulenga had no idea about how the Digital Migration deal was handled because she was not there.
“But what I want to say! I want to tell Kampamba Mulenga that let her go and ask President Lungu to remove the veil so that I can tell the people of Zambia what transpired on the procurement of the Digital Migration. If they have nothing to hide, let them remove the veil and I will tell the people of Zambia what transpired.”
Kambwili said without President Lungu declassifying the matter, he was constrained to talk about digital migration.
“But if indeed they want me to disclose what transpired, how it was procured! Let them remove the veil, let President Edgar Lungu sign a declaration that they have allowed me to tell the people of Zambia what happened because he is the only one who can remove the veil. I will tell the people of Zambia and then they will be able to analyze who is telling the truth between Kampamba Mulenga who has come in now and Chishimba Kambwili who was there. But without the removal of that veil! I am constrained, I cannot talk about the Digital Migration, said Kambwili.
“I can just tell you that what Kampamba Mulenga said about the Digital Migration is neither here no there because first and foremost, I did not say that government has misappropriated the US273 million dollars. If you followed my discourse on Muvi TV, the reporter wanted me to talk about the Digital Migration but I said I don’t know anything. The only think I know is that to migrate four provinces, we spent US9 million dollars and to migrate the remaining six provinces they are going to spend US273 million dollars. This information is in public domain. Never did I say that government has misappropriated the US273 million dollars, I never did any insinuation. Its what we call in Bemba ‘Akanwa Kamilandu kalaipala’ but am not going to disclose any information that came to me by virtue of the office.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- MDC engineering in deep trouble for failing to supply dredgers - 18 Dec 2017
- Chiefs are dishing out land to Chinese illegally – Kapata - 18 Dec 2017
- Saboi’s defection is healthy for us – UPND - 18 Dec 2017
- New US Envoy pledges support towards electoral reforms - 15 Dec 2017
- I respect Lungu but I will insult him if he wants me to – Musenge - 14 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend