- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Lawyer explains Saviour’s detention: it’s over the words he used in a videoBy Mirriam Chabala on 3 Aug 2017
United Progressive People president Saviour Chishimba’s lawyer says he is being held for using word like “foolishness and bupumbu” in a video.
Lillian Mushota told News Diggers! in an interview at Woodlands Police Station where Saviour is detained that police would charge him with Defamation of the President.
“He used words like ‘foolishness’ in a video, ‘ chalo chakwa wiso nangu chakwa noko?’, ‘you will go to the land of the dead where you belong’ and ‘bupumbu bupumbu.’ So this is what they have called Defamation of the President under section 69 of CAP 87,” said Mushota.
“His message to the supporters is that they should remain calm and watch where this is going because until they have established that this is what they are after, they are looking for something to charge him with, I think they are fishing.”
And Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo also confirmed in statement that Chishimba had been detained at Woodlands Police Station after interrogating him for two hours 45 minutes.
“Police have Warned and Cautioned the United Progressive People President , Saviour Chishimba of Makeni, Lusaka for the Offence of Defamation of President which is contrary to Section 69 of Cap 87 of the Laws of Zambia which occurred on 1st July, 2017 and 8th July, 2017 in Lusaka. He has since been detained in Police custody and will be charged once the officers are done with the processes,” stated Katongo.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- We have not backtracked, all patients will be tested for HIV – Chilufya - 22 Aug 2017
- Mandatory HIV testing policy needs detailed guidelines – US Embassy - 22 Aug 2017
- Former Chipata mayor commits suicide - 22 Aug 2017
- Lungu would have pardoned HH if court convicted him, says Kampamba Mulenga - 22 Aug 2017
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province - 20 Aug 2017
You may also like...
- Coach promotes Fashion Sakala, 6 other U-20 stars to senior team
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- PF wants Kambwili’s expulsion case dismissed
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- PF warns Mopani against sending miners on forced leave: Don’t take Zambians for granted
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend