- by Joseph Mwenya in Kabwe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 7 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 5 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Lawyer explains Saviour’s detention: it’s over the words he used in a videoBy Mirriam Chabala on 3 Aug 2017
United Progressive People president Saviour Chishimba’s lawyer says he is being held for using word like “foolishness and bupumbu” in a video.
Lillian Mushota told News Diggers! in an interview at Woodlands Police Station where Saviour is detained that police would charge him with Defamation of the President.
“He used words like ‘foolishness’ in a video, ‘ chalo chakwa wiso nangu chakwa noko?’, ‘you will go to the land of the dead where you belong’ and ‘bupumbu bupumbu.’ So this is what they have called Defamation of the President under section 69 of CAP 87,” said Mushota.
“His message to the supporters is that they should remain calm and watch where this is going because until they have established that this is what they are after, they are looking for something to charge him with, I think they are fishing.”
And Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo also confirmed in statement that Chishimba had been detained at Woodlands Police Station after interrogating him for two hours 45 minutes.
“Police have Warned and Cautioned the United Progressive People President , Saviour Chishimba of Makeni, Lusaka for the Offence of Defamation of President which is contrary to Section 69 of Cap 87 of the Laws of Zambia which occurred on 1st July, 2017 and 8th July, 2017 in Lusaka. He has since been detained in Police custody and will be charged once the officers are done with the processes,” stated Katongo.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- PF hired intercity thugs to attack me at Diamond TV – Kambwili - 9 Dec 2017
- 8 Mporokoso PF officials defect to NDC - 8 Dec 2017
- Govt hasn’t seen ConCourt ruling ordering ministers to pay back – Wina - 8 Dec 2017
- Copperbelt PF chairman insists ruling party is intact - 7 Dec 2017
- Don’t cry over ‘failed’ IMF deal, it was also debt – Lubinda - 7 Dec 2017
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend