- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Kambwili meets Southern Province chiefs, says sorry for bad language when he was in govtBy Mirriam Chabala on 9 Aug 2017
Roan Patriotic Front member of parliament Chishimba Chimbwili has apologised to the people of Southern Province for mocking them through a statement he made while he was Minister of Information and Broadcasting Services.
In 2015 while serving as chief government spokesperson in PF, Kambwili said when he featured on ZNBC’s Sunday Interview programme that the people of Southern Province would still vote for a fellow Tonga even if Jesus Christ was to contest that election, because they were tribalists.
But today, Kambwili was in Monze where he met Southern Province chiefs and physically apologise for the hurt he caused them through his bad language.
“I sincerely thank you for accepting my apology, I came here to basically unreservedly apologise to the Tonga speaking people before the people of southern province and the Zambians for the unfortunate statement that I made on ZNBC to the effect that ‘even if Jesus Christ was to come, the people of Southern province would vote for a fellow Tonga’. This I have reflected and I want to say that I have withdrawn the statement and unreservedly apologise to the people of Southern province. My first apology was through my radio interview but I felt it was important that I come to the custodians of Southern province who the Chiefs so that I can physically apologise to them,” submitted kambwili.
And Southern Province chiefs assured Kambwili that they had forgiven him. The Roan member of parliament was accompanied by former Copperbelt minister Mwenya Musenge and Former Kabushi member of parliament Lombe Musishili.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- World Bank approves $26.5m loan for REA - 20 Nov 2017
- Ministry of Health nods nullification of GNC exams - 20 Nov 2017
- Mismanagement of national resources exacerbating inequality – Oxfam - 20 Nov 2017
- All dictators eventually go – Milupi - 19 Nov 2017
- We would like to see action on Auditor General’s report – Swedish Envoy - 18 Nov 2017
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend