- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Lungu must regularly meet opposition, CSOs – YALIBy Enesi Kaoma on 15 Sep 2017
YALI says President Edgar Lungu must consider holding talks with opposition political parties and various stake holders regularly in order to get honest views on governance issues.
And YALI says UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema must drop the election petition and focus on dialogue.
In a statement availed to News Diggers! today, Young African Leaders Initiative Governance Advisor Isaac Mwanza said there was need for the President to hold bi-annual and quarterly meetings with different stake holders in order to exchange ideas and resolve the economic and governance challenges that the country was facing.
“We believe time has come for the Head of State to begin holding meetings with stake holders who include opposition political parties, civil society organisations, the church as a way of getting honest views on matters of national governance,” Mwanza said.
Mwanza said he was sure that stakeholders would be willing to hold such talks.
“We don’t think everyone must be in government for them to contribute to the governance of this country or to reforming systems, for instance the media contributes to a country’s governance by way of providing timely and balanced information which enables decision-makers to make right decisions” he said
He said stake holders who might not be willing to attend talks with the Head of State would have no one to blame when things went wrong in the country.
Mwanza said YALI appreciated mediation offered by the Commonwealth but noted that the resolution of differences laid on President Lungu’s commitment to the dialogue process.
“We want to reiterate that YALI welcomes Professor Gambari as the Commonwealth representative to talk ahead of 2021 elections but we believe President Lungu must take up his rightful place in providing leadership,” Mwanza said
And Mwaanza asked HH to drop the petition and focus on the upcoming dialogue.
“Our destiny as a country will however depend on our collective resolve to move beyond the 2016 election that divided us and focus on the future. We thus appeal to the UPND leader to let go of the petition and begin to focus on this dialogue, 2021 and beyond,” stated Mwanza.
About Enesi Kaoma
- Modest weekend for Fashion, others - 20 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: “I want to be called Mr President” - 20 Nov 2017
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies - 19 Nov 2017
- Nyirenda gets praise for refreshing Chipolopolo attack - 18 Nov 2017
- Govt reluctant on curbing alcohol abuse – SAAPA - 18 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend