- by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 26 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
PF wins 9 out of 12 by-electionsBy Diggers Correspondent on 15 Sep 2017
THE United Party for National Development (UPND) has retained the Council chairperson seat for Itezhi-Tezhi District with a landslide victory after beating its closest rival, the Patriotic Front (PF) with a margin of 5, 027.
But it is the ruling party that has scooped the majority of local government seats.
The Itezhi-tezhi Council chair seat fell vacant following the death of UPND’s Gift Luyako, 34, in April this year.
Itezhi-Tezhi returning officer, Stanley Shikabona declared UPND’ Steven Shaloba winner at 12: 59 hours today after polling 7,215 votes.
The UPND also won the Libonda Ward in Kalabo district as well as Mpindi Kakonja in Zambezi.
The ruling party has scooped, Mabinga in Chama South, Chililalila in Kabwe, Chitwi in Luanshya, Luansobe in Mufulira, Luntomfwe in Kaputa and Chimanja.
The PF also made its presence felt in Lunte, Kanchibiya and Lavushimanda.
About Diggers Correspondent
- Riots in Ndola after high speed police chase kills vendor - 26 Sep 2017
- Political Parties Bill is evil – ZCSD - 26 Sep 2017
- PF used DCs, govt resources to campaign – Nalumango - 26 Sep 2017
- Company abuse at Indeni is common in parastatals – Milupi - 26 Sep 2017
- Govt expected us to refuse offer so that we lose out – Union - 26 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend