- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
PF wins 9 out of 12 by-electionsBy Diggers Correspondent on 15 Sep 2017
THE United Party for National Development (UPND) has retained the Council chairperson seat for Itezhi-Tezhi District with a landslide victory after beating its closest rival, the Patriotic Front (PF) with a margin of 5, 027.
But it is the ruling party that has scooped the majority of local government seats.
The Itezhi-tezhi Council chair seat fell vacant following the death of UPND’s Gift Luyako, 34, in April this year.
Itezhi-Tezhi returning officer, Stanley Shikabona declared UPND’ Steven Shaloba winner at 12: 59 hours today after polling 7,215 votes.
The UPND also won the Libonda Ward in Kalabo district as well as Mpindi Kakonja in Zambezi.
The ruling party has scooped, Mabinga in Chama South, Chililalila in Kabwe, Chitwi in Luanshya, Luansobe in Mufulira, Luntomfwe in Kaputa and Chimanja.
The PF also made its presence felt in Lunte, Kanchibiya and Lavushimanda.
About Diggers Correspondent
- Modest weekend for Fashion, others - 20 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: “I want to be called Mr President” - 20 Nov 2017
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies - 19 Nov 2017
- Nyirenda gets praise for refreshing Chipolopolo attack - 18 Nov 2017
- Govt reluctant on curbing alcohol abuse – SAAPA - 18 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend