by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview – KambwiliBy Mukosha Funga on 21 Sep 2017
Chishimba Kambwili has charged that Stephen Kampyongo got three vehicles as a reward for signing the $42 million fire truck deal when he was Minister of Local Government.
In a Facebook post today, Kambwili, who is Roan PF member of parliament, said spending $42 million on 42 fire trucks was daylight robbery.
“$42 million dollars for 42 fire engines is pure daylight robbery, Honourable Stephen Kampyongo must tell the nation why Cabinet and President Lungu had no idea that such a massive figure $42 million was spent on irrelevant fire engines when Hospitals have no drugs and civil servants where not getting paid on time in 2015. Kampyongo was the Minister in charge at the time and must tell the nation why he accepted 3 brand new vehicles (Toyota Hilux, Range Rover and Toyota Landcruiser VX) as a vote of thanks for signing that lucrative deal,” charged Kambwili.
“This is not my fight, this our fight, this is your money and you need to take a stand against this broad day light robbery.”
On Tuesday, when Kambwili made the same accusation in Parliament, Speaker of the National Assembly Patrick Matibini stopped him from accusing people who were not present in the House to defend themselves.
“Honourable member for Roan, you know very well that you cannot drag people into your debate who do not have the privilege of immunity. They are not here to defend themselves. Just ask your question, what was your question?” Speaker Matibini had told him.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- TIZ raises red flag against Govt, AVIC on Kafulafuta, Sata Toll Plazas - 8 Oct 2019
- Govt single-sourced AVIC…to construct the $4.3m Toll Plaza which broke down months later - 7 Oct 2019
- Kaoma police nab UPND cadre in shooting incident - 6 Oct 2019
- DEC withdraws summon on Findlay - 3 Oct 2019
- Several soldiers injured during military exhibition in Mbala - 30 Sep 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,066 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,130 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,042 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,007 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,005 view)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend