by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Kambwili grabbed my neck, punched me – BowmanBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 4 Oct 2017
in this audio, Copperbelt province Minister Bowman Lusambo claims Chishimba Kambwili grabbed his neck and punched him at Parliament yesterday.
In an interview with Hot FM today, Lusambo said Parliament security officers saved him from Kambwili.
“I came out of the chamber, I went out and Chishimba Kambwili was standing with honorable minister of Foreign Affairs. The honorable foreign affairs Minister called me personally, he called me to go and greet him. Then Chishimba Kambwili upon seeing me that am advancing where they were with Foreign Affairs Minister, he insulted me, he insulted the president, he insulted the ministers and me I told Kambwili that ‘if you are saying that we have stolen, why can’t you take all of us people who have stolen to relevant security agencies?’ so that they can do their job,” Lusambo said.
“If Kambwili has evidence to what he said, the advice which I advised him is to take the people he thinks they have stolen to relevant security agencies so that they can handle that issue. What happened? He grabbed my neck, he punched me and me I just removed him from my body and he went out saying we have attacked him, there is no one who attacked him, he attacked me. And the people who came to separate him from me are the parliamentary security officers. And for me it was very embarrassing that a senior MP who has been in that house and he knows the rules can behave like that, it was very unfortunate.”
Lusambo said that he regretted the incident.
“I did not slap him, I am not refusing, am telling you that I did not slap him. Yes I was offended, anyone can get offended especially where someone is insulting openly and insulting me an innocent person. A person who has not even insulted Kambwili before, and for him he gets excited for nothing and you know despite me being an MP, despite Kambwili being an MP, the office of the presidency, that office is the highest office of this land. Whether we don’t respect the person who is in that office, we should respect the office,” said Lusambo.
“That is the office which Kambwili has been assaulting each and every day and its up to the people of Zambia to judge who is Kambwili and where to place Kambwili. But me with the incident which happened yesterday, I regret that incidence and personally as honorable Lusambo I think am very embarrassed that Kambwili behaved in such a manner.”
Take a listen:
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi - 20 Sep 2019
- We’re poorly funded to fight all corruption – ACC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambia plans maize exports to DRC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambeef driver commits suicide - 19 Sep 2019
- 2020 budget should clear K1.2 billion owed to medical suppliers, demands PSZ - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,229 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,979 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,789 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,299 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (990 views)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend