by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Ministry of Information doesn’t deserve govt funding, its a PF wing – MwiimbuBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 9 Nov 2017
Monze central UPND member of parliament Jack Mwiimbu says the Ministry of Information has been fomenting chaos and tension in the country because it has turned itself into a propaganda wing of the PF.
And Mwiimbu said taxpayers’ money should not be spent on a ministry that only promotes ruling party agendas.
He was speaking in Parliament on Tuesday when he debated the vote for the ministry of information and broadcasting.
“Mr Chairman, this particular ministry has been fomenting chaos, it has been fomenting tension in this country as a result of misinformation and propaganda. This ministry, Mr Chairman does not deserve any ngwee of the public funds. This ministry is a disservice to this country. This ministry reminds me of the ministry of propaganda in Iraqi under Comical Ali (Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf former Iraqi diplomat and politician),” Mwiimbu said.
“Mr chairman, this particular ministry instead of propagating unity in the country, it has been used to propagate disunity and dislocation of the once One Zambia One Nation. This ministry is one ministry that has been abused by the PF government. It’s no longer a ministry of government as far as we are concerned, it’s a propaganda wing of the PF. Mr Chairman, for those who don’t know Comical Ali, Comical Ali was the minister of misinformation in Iraqi during the war. There was Chemical Ali and Comical Ali. Comical Ali was the one who was in charge of information in Iraqi.”
Mwiimbu further observed that the ministry of information had continued to abrogate the Constitution by ensuring that opposition parties had no access to the public media, during and after elections.
“Mr chairman sir, this ministry has abused the Times of Zambia, the Daily Mail and Dead NBC (ZNBC). We used to call it Zambia Nation Broadcasting Corporation but now its called Dead National Broadcasting Corporation. It has seized to live to the mandate that was given to the broadcasting authority by the people of this country. Mr chairman, you are all aware that under article 50, which I’m going to read to this house for those who have not read the Constitution, reads ‘a political party and a candidate contesting an election shall have access to the media especially during election campaigns’,” said Mwiimbu.
“This particular ministry ensured that any opposition party had no access to the public media during election and have continued abrogating the constitution by not allowing any other member of the public and the political party to appear on ZNBC to propagate their views apart from PF. So why should we, the tax payers in this country be funding an institution that does not serve our interests? Why should we and other Zambians pay tax for PF to manage their affairs? The answer is no!”
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court - 20 Sep 2019
- Tutwa reports Sangwa to LAZ for “professional misconduct” - 19 Sep 2019
- ConCourt sets Sept 27 for ruling on preliminary issues in LAZ Bill 10 case - 19 Sep 2019
- 120 people sue UPPZ leader for fraud over land - 18 Sep 2019
- Miles asks court to reduce child maintenance fee to K1,500 - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (11,311 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,880 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,401 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,015 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (915 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend