- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Saboi’s defection is healthy for us – UPNDBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017
UPND secretary general Steven Katuka says the party is not affected by musician Saboi Imboela’s defection to the National Democratic Congress (NDC) because she was not a big factor.
Reacting to Imboela’s defection in an interview yesterday, Katuka said Imboela had not been active after the party left her out on adoptions.
“What was Saboi in the party? And have you heard from her from last year after adoptions? The woman wanted to stand in Kafue, after she was left out, she went away. So it is nothing new for us, she hasn’t been active, she hasn’t said anything. And for us it is healthy for her to go wherever she wants to go. You know society is very dynamic, I know she wanted to stand in Kafue. Now that there is somebody, she must be finding a route to use for her to stand in another political party but it is not a threat to us. I don’t think she was such a big force that without her we will start crying, no!” Katuka exclaimed.
He wished Imboela well in her new endeavors.
“While we are not happy to see people go, but if she had decided to go, she is free to go away. We worry about people who hold positions in the party that are left vacant, for us to start looking for someone to fill the position. But the ordinary membership of the party, others move even without announcing. So many shift from PF joining us, others move from…it has no impact whatsoever. So if she has decided to chart her way into the other party, we wish her well in her new endeavors,” Katuka further said.
Meanwhile, Katuka said politicians were using the same tricks of announcing fake defections to build momentum.
“Last time before elections we were told that 3,000 had defected in Solwezi to join the PF and after elections we were surprised that we beat them hands down. So they are using the same trick that has not worked before and announcing some people who are not there. That’s a joke of the year. You see we must be serious with what we do and say. Davies went with a chopper, a government chopper to go and do a party programme which attracted a lot of children, wastage of public resources, your money and my money wasted completely which did not yield any results,” said Katuka.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- K1,500 surcharge for CBU students a fundraising venture – Kabwita - 12 Aug 2019
- PF has opened overnight street vending along Lusaka’s Lumumba Rd – Moonga - 12 Aug 2019
- Oasis Forum calls for withdrawal of Constitution bill - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs about US $660bn annually to achieve SDGs – UNCA - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs home-grown solutions for its challenges – Lungu - 8 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,181 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,224 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,973 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,484 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,134 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend