by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Chavuma man dies after drinking too much KachasuBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Dec 2017
A 39-year-old man of Chavuma district has died after excessive intake of locally brewed alcohol known as kachasu, during the festive celebrations.
And in a separate incident, two male juveniles of Mushindano district in North-Western province have drowned in the Kamukuwo dam where they were swimming.
North-Western Province police commissioner Auxensio Daka revealed this in a statement on Wednesday.
“On December 26, 2017, Chavuma police station received a report that a 39 year old man of Mulondoka village in Chavuma district had died after drinking excessive local brewed beer known as kachasu. The case was reported by 47-year-old Henry Mulonga of Kanjongo Sewe village in Chief Ndungu’s area of Chavuma district. He reported that his nephew, Given Kandonga of Mulondola village had died after excessive drinking of kachasu lutuku,” Daka explained.
“The incidence occurred on Tuesday around 14:30 hours in Mulondola village. When police visited the scene and inspected the body, they discovered that there were no injuries. No foul play was suspected and the relatives have been advised to bury the body. The body is currently in Chavuma mission hospital awaiting burial,” stated Daka.
And in a separate incident, two male juveniles of Mushindano district in North-Western Province drowning in the Kamukuwo dam where they were swimming.
“St Dorothy police station [on Tuesday] December 26,2017 received a report of drowning which occurred on the same day around 13 hours in Kingovwa area along Solwezi-Chingola road. Paul Kayanda aged 37, of Kingovwa area reported that his two nephews, Evance Chibeluka aged 11 and Charles Nkatu aged 15 had drowned when they were swimming at kamukuwo dam. The two juveniles were both from Nkatu village in Chief Kalilele’s area in Mushindano district, North-Western province,” he stated.
Daka stated that there was no foul play and the relatives had been advised to bury the bodies.
“The incident was discovered by three small boys who were hunting birds in a nearby bush. When the police visited the scene they found that the two bodies had already been retrieved. The same dam is believed to have been dug by a construction company where they used to get gravel for road construction. B.I.D (Brought In Dead) forms were issued and no foul play is suspected. The relatives have been advised to bury the bodies and the inquiry file has been opened.”
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters - 16 Sep 2019
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend - 16 Sep 2019
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- If Nevers is allowed to lead the party, there’ll be no MMD, witness tells court - 13 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,890 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,264 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,651 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,559 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,292 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend