- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lusambo renews his praise for Lungu, love for PFBy Joseph Mwenda on 9 Jan 2018
Under the government leadership of President Edgar Lungu, Zambia has seen the greatest ever investment in infrastructure, only second to the UNIP regime, says Copperbelt Minister Bowman Lusambo.
Known for hero-worshipping the Head of State as “the Great Leader of this Great Country”, Lusambo shared his 2018 vision with a renewed message of utmost loyalty to the President and his newly found love for PF, having just joined the ruling party in 2016 when he was offered an opportunity to represent the party as Kabushi member of parliament.
Lusambo also said President Lungu was firmly in control of the ship as captain, and resignations by some disgruntled officials would not deter him.
He said, in a statement shared on Facebook, that under President Lungu, every part of Zambia was enjoying modern infrastructure development.
“As we start the year 2018, I wish to urge all Zambians from all walks of life to renew their hope and commitment to the values upon which this great nation was founded. The values of love, equality, freedom and prosperity for all, are what Zambia needs now more than ever for the country to reach its full potential. The leadership of His Excellency Edgar Chagwa Lungu is firmly in control to steer the affairs of this great nation to reach its destination. I am of a firm belief that no matter how turbulent the waters might be, the ship is in safe hands under President Lungu.
“What is true however is that, like on every journey, there would be a few impatient and disgruntled passengers who might opt to jump out. What is important to realise is that the captain of the ship always knows the true destination. As loyal passengers, it is our duty to trust in the abilities of our captain to take us to our destination.”
He went on to highlight some of the bold decisions which President Lungu had made.
“Under President Lungu, Zambia has seen a leader who is focused on getting the results no matter how unpopular some quarters may perceive some actions. Leadership is the ability take bold but decisive actions for the good of the nation. The directive for the Defence Forces to join the fight against Cholera is unprecedented. The removal of costly and unsustainable subsidy programmes on fuel, electricity and agriculture are some of the bold decisions taken under President Lungu’s watch, in order to correct legacy mistakes by some of his predecessors,” he said.
“As a loyal member of the PF, I strongly believe that the party has enough stamina to continue providing effective leadership to this great nation until Zambia attains radical transformation. Even in sports management, a key principle is that there is no player bigger than the team. Those players who feel they have outgrown the team are either benched by the Manager or they are released.”
He said only UNIP could beat the record of the PF in building infrastructure around the country.
“Under this leadership, we have seen the greatest ever investment in infrastructure, only second to the UNIP government. Every part of Zambia has today seen some new and modern infrastructure being constructed under the leadership of President Lungu. To the cynics, I wish to invite you to take time to see the transformation that is currently taking place across the country. The economic dividend of the infrastructure spending will only be realised after a few more years, what is however evident is that the gains that Zambia has made by investing in these important infrastructure projects has improved the country’s investment profile,” said Lusambo.
“To those that are still in doubt, I wish to reaffirm that President Lungu’s leadership is one ordained by God. As children of God, we have a duty to remain faithful and loyal to God and all his doings as commanded in the book of Proverbs 3:3-6.”
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Negotiate less chaotic exit with Vedanta before arbitration kicks in – Chipimo tips govt - 26 Jul 2019
- Lungu fires Mawere, transfers Chitotela, Luo - 19 Jul 2019
- Chaotic takeover, planned sale of KCM will have serious legal implications on Zambia – Chipimo - 17 Jul 2019
- It will be contempt if govt sells KCM before court process – Liquidator - 12 Jul 2019
- There’s no link between China debt relief and KCM – Musukwa - 2 Jul 2019
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,622 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,579 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,203 view)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,079 view)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (936 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend