by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
ACC investigating Kambwili for having money believed to be proceeds of crimeBy Mirriam Chabala on 15 Mar 2018
National Democratic Congress leader Chishimba Kambwili yesterday walked out on the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) authorities who summoned him for questioning, but held him for more than three hours after the interviews were done.
Kambwili’s lawyers have revealed to News Diggers! that the ACC are investigating an allegation that he is in possession of money believed to be proceeds of crime.
Kambwili who arrived at ACC offices at 09:48 hours in the company of party secretary general Mwenya Musenge, was ushered into the interview room at about 10:00 hours.
After being interviewed for approximately two hours, Kambwili was detained for more than three hours, forcing the opposition leader who still holds a PF parliamentary seat, to leave the building at about 15:00 hours.
He told journalists shortly before his departure that he was going home, because he had been kept for too long without a reason, adding that he would wait for the ACC to call him back.
“I have been here since morning, we finished their interviews at 12:00 hours but they left us in a room for three hours. I haven’t eaten and you know I am diabetic. I am leaving now, if they want me they will call me back, otherwise I have left,” said kambwili.
And speaking to News Diggers in an exclusive interview, Kambwili’s legal counsel Christopher Mundia revealed that his client was being interviewed for being in possession of proceeds of crime.
“Imagine, we had been waiting for those same consultations since 12:00 hours and those guys [at ACC] where not telling us anything. We finished a long time ago with the interview. He was being questioned for being in possession of money suspected to be proceeds of crime and something about a tax clearance under Mwamona engineering. Just things that didn’t make sense,” said Mundia.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi - 13 Sep 2019
- Lungu must take his Parliament address seriously, people are distressed – Mweetwa - 13 Sep 2019
- Quitting politics has nothing to do with my brother’s appointment at BoZ – Chipimo - 12 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 12 Sep 2019
- Unless you kill me, arrests only make me add volume – Kambwili - 12 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,799 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,238 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,610 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,524 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,280 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend