- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
ACC investigating Kambwili for having money believed to be proceeds of crimeBy Mirriam Chabala on 15 Mar 2018
National Democratic Congress leader Chishimba Kambwili yesterday walked out on the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) authorities who summoned him for questioning, but held him for more than three hours after the interviews were done.
Kambwili’s lawyers have revealed to News Diggers! that the ACC are investigating an allegation that he is in possession of money believed to be proceeds of crime.
Kambwili who arrived at ACC offices at 09:48 hours in the company of party secretary general Mwenya Musenge, was ushered into the interview room at about 10:00 hours.
After being interviewed for approximately two hours, Kambwili was detained for more than three hours, forcing the opposition leader who still holds a PF parliamentary seat, to leave the building at about 15:00 hours.
He told journalists shortly before his departure that he was going home, because he had been kept for too long without a reason, adding that he would wait for the ACC to call him back.
“I have been here since morning, we finished their interviews at 12:00 hours but they left us in a room for three hours. I haven’t eaten and you know I am diabetic. I am leaving now, if they want me they will call me back, otherwise I have left,” said kambwili.
And speaking to News Diggers in an exclusive interview, Kambwili’s legal counsel Christopher Mundia revealed that his client was being interviewed for being in possession of proceeds of crime.
“Imagine, we had been waiting for those same consultations since 12:00 hours and those guys [at ACC] where not telling us anything. We finished a long time ago with the interview. He was being questioned for being in possession of money suspected to be proceeds of crime and something about a tax clearance under Mwamona engineering. Just things that didn’t make sense,” said Mundia.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile - 7 Apr 2020
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims - 7 Apr 2020
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll - 7 Apr 2020
- We’ve engaged church leaders to persuade Chishala on Bill 10 – NDC - 3 Apr 2020
- Declaration of lockdown requires legal backing, Magande tells Lungu. - 3 Apr 2020
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,227 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,708 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,255 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,142 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,634 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend