by Abraham Kalito on 21 Aug 2018by Abraham Kalito on 21 Aug 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Stuart Lisulo on 21 Aug 2018by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 16 Aug 2018by Abraham Kalito on 15 Aug 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Aug 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Aug 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Aug 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Mukubesa Mundia on 27 Jul 2018by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018by Elias Munshya on 11 Jun 2018by Akashambatwa Mbikusita-Lewanika on 31 May 2018
by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2018by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2018by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2018by Diggers Editor on 14 Aug 2018
by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2018by Abraham Kalito on 3 Aug 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 24 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2018
- Guest DiggersCLOSE
Court orders Kabwe Council to halt ‘questionable’ constructionsBy Mukosha Funga on 16 May 2018
The Court of Appeal at Lusaka Civil Jurisdiction has reinstated an injunction which stopped the Kabwe Municipal Council from going ahead with the developments in Tushane area.
And Kabwe Central PF member of parliament Tutwa Ngulube has pledged to continue fighting for the poor and the weak.
Meanwhile, Ngulube lamented that the Kabwe Municipal Council had started developing Tunashe area when they knew very well that the place does not belong to them.
In the ex-parte order for stay of execution pending appeal filed in the Court of Appeal Holden at Lusaka Civil Jurisdiction, dated May 15, 2018, a court of appeal judge ordered that the ruling of December 8, 2017 be stayed pending interparte hearing.
“Upon hearing counsel for the Appellants herein and upon reading summons and Affidavit in support of application for stay sworn by one Bernard Mukupa Chisanga filed herewith, it is hereby ordered and directed that the ruling of December 8, 2017 be and is hereby stayed pending interparte hearing on May 29 and that the costs for this application and incidential hereto be in the cause,” read the statement.
And in a statement, Ngulube noted that the decision by the court had exposed the Kabwe Municipal Council and government to a lot of legal expenses.
He pledged to continue to fighting for the poor and those who had been sidelined.
“I would like to confirm that the court of appeal has reinstated the injunction which stopped the council from going ahead with the developments at Tushane. The time now has come when the people who have been crying to the council to say [that] you cannot just grab our plots without compensating us. The reality now is that the Kabwe Municipal Council have exposed the government and have exposed themselves to a lot of legal expenses. It is very clear also that the council, knowingly, started developing a place which they know that it does not belong to them. We want to say [that] victory is certain for the people of Kabwe. As area member of parliament as well as a lawyer, I will continue to fight for the cause of the poor, the weak and those people who have been sidelined and maligned,” he said.
Ngulube thanked his supporters for supporting him when he was arrested.
He observed that he was being treated like a criminal simply because he was fighting for justice.
“We also want to put it on record that I was arrested based on the ruling that removed the injunction and they presented me to court saying I had committed a criminal trespass. The Lord has vindicated me, I now have an order that is stopping that order of injunction. So we want to see when they go to court what they will use against me. I want to thank my supporters and all those people who actually came forward to assist me when I was being thrown in cells. I’m being treated like a criminal simply because I’m actually trying to fight for justice,” said Ngulube.
He said he would not rest until those perpetrating injustice were locked up.
“Today as you might be aware, is the day when the people of Kabwe will begin to know the truth about who owns the plots at Tushane and why the council has decided to spend all that money knowingly that this plot does not belong to them. They also also know that before they actually started moving, they demolished people’s shops and foundations and damaged a lot of building materials. I promise that justice will be done and I also promise that everything will be set to ensure that at the end of the day there is justice not only for the rich but also the poor and the weak people that we are using to advance the cause,” said Ngulube.
“I also know that those who think you can just grab a plot from somebody, damage somebody’s shop and take over because you are using the state police, their days are numbered and somebody must begin to prepare for jail. We will not rest until they are locked up and presented to prison. We are aware that a lot has been stolen, a lot of houses have been damaged and demolished, we are aware that a lot of families would have been displaced if not for us fighting for the cause of the poor.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha Funga is a Zambian journalist interested in good governance and anti corruption reporting.
- Mwanawasa used his career as a lawyer to advance law, order in Zambia – Maureen - 20 Aug 2018
- Kambwili a scavenging hyena – Sunday - 18 Aug 2018
- CJ wonders why ConCourt hasn’t cited HH for insulting judges despite evidence - 17 Aug 2018
- If Chimese was corrupt, he wasn’t acting alone – TIZ - 13 Aug 2018
- Women need more representation – VJ - 10 Aug 2018
- Target grand corruption, not only the weak and vulnerable - Mwenye
- There's no law that prohibits citizens form criticising any judgement - Chipimo
- Speed cameras not meant to collect fines but change attitudes - RTSA
- Zambia to issue new "electronic passports"
- Mwanawasa used his career as a lawyer to advance law, order in Zambia - Maureen
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend