- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Drunk Mwakatwe tickles fans with dizzy speechBy Joseph Mwenda on 3 Jul 2018
A video footage has gone viral on social media in which a dizzied up Finance Minister Margaret Mwanakatwe is filmed addressing some PF supporters.
The unstable-looking Lusaka Central member of parliament is heard campaigning for PF Mayoral candidate Miles Sampa, but not in her usual eloquent manner, but rather in a drunken stupor-style of articulation.
“I want to support the candidacy of Miles…. Sampa… Bwalya. In supporting that, what I want to say is…. that Lusaka Central where I’m member of parliament, is strongly supporting that candidate! And in supporting that candidature, I want to eeeh… encourage the people in Lusaka Central, there is no other choice! There’s one choice. The choice is Miles Sampa! Okay? There’s no other choice,” Mwanakatwe says as the cadres are heard cheering her.
The minister was seen getting distracted by her hair while speaking in a loud and sometimes whisper voice with unusual poses.
This is the person that is going to support me as MP to bring about the development that you would want in Lusaka Central. And in doing that we are recognising… the different demographics in Lusaka Central,” she says as the cadres interject with jeering.
“We have the likes of Bauleni, we have the likes of… of… eh Chibolya, (pointing) which is partially Lusaka Central, partially Kanyama. We are saying what this team is bringing to Lusaka Central, to Lusaka Province is a combination of ndime and… thing for the people. And Miles Sampa in Lusaka Province despite… seven constituencies, we are…the different demographics that are at hand. We want Lusaka to progress, Lusaka Central.”
Towards the end of the footage which has been shared on the News Diggers! Video channel the cadres are heard encouraging each other to clap for Mwanakatwe.
“Batoteleniko bamayo balelanda ifyamano.”
Take a look:
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs - 23 Aug 2019
- Negotiate less chaotic exit with Vedanta before arbitration kicks in – Chipimo tips govt - 26 Jul 2019
- Lungu fires Mawere, transfers Chitotela, Luo - 19 Jul 2019
- Chaotic takeover, planned sale of KCM will have serious legal implications on Zambia – Chipimo - 17 Jul 2019
- It will be contempt if govt sells KCM before court process – Liquidator - 12 Jul 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,034 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,135 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,856 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,420 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,072 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend