- by Natasha Sakala on 22 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Sumaili refutes disbursing funds to fight ghostsBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Jan 2019
National Guidance and Religious Affairs Minister Reverend Godfridah Sumaili has refuted social media speculation that government has released some funds to transport 22 pastors to Gwembe to fight a female ghost.
Yesterday, a story went viral on social media indicating that government, through Rev Sumaili’s ministry, had released funds amounting to K558, 000 to transport 22 pastors to go to Gwembe district of Southern Province where residents and civil servants are said to be living in fear of a female ghost which has been terrorizing them.
But in an interview, Rev Sumaili said whilst government was concerned about the welfare of people in that area, the said article was false.
She said the public would be communicated to if there will be any such arrangements.
“My daughter you can even tell yourself that that is not true. That is false and don’t peddle false. That is totally [false], everything is false. How can we release K558, 000 on pastors going to pray? Instead we are putting something in place to go and help the community, the people are in fear in that area and there is witchcraft. So we need to go and see how we can help the people but fyonse ifyo (all that) are just lies. I didn’t say anything and we haven’t said anything. When we are ready to go and [after] we have made arrangements…and we can’t go with 22 pastors, how? It’s not possible. It is totally false and thank you so much for clarifying,” said Sumaili.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- K1,500 surcharge for CBU students a fundraising venture – Kabwita - 12 Aug 2019
- PF has opened overnight street vending along Lusaka’s Lumumba Rd – Moonga - 12 Aug 2019
- Oasis Forum calls for withdrawal of Constitution bill - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs about US $660bn annually to achieve SDGs – UNCA - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs home-grown solutions for its challenges – Lungu - 8 Aug 2019
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (2,264 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,915 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,636 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,601 view)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (1,024 view)
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend