- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
I will crush HH if he continues politics of provocation – LusamboBy Mirriam Chabala on 12 Feb 2019
Lusaka Province Minister Bowman Lusambo has threatened to politically “crush UPND president Hakainde Hichilema and send him into extinction if he continues practicing provocative politics.
Commenting on an incident last week in Sesheke where UPND supporters clashed with President Edgar Lungu’s supporters during campaigns, Lusambo said Hichilema was looking for reasons to get arrested again so that he could continue denting the President’s name.
Speaking in Sesheke Constituency in Western Province when he went to drum up support for PF’s Parliamentary Candidate Dean Masule, Sunday, Lusambo said Hichilema’s failure to obey lawful orders to suspend his campaign tour on grounds that the President was going to be in Sesheke on the same day was another desperate attempt to get into State House by all means.
“What we have continued to witness are high levels of arrogance by a man who foolishly has convinced himself that he is better than the incumbent, although election results point to the contrary. By refusing to allow President Lungu to freely conduct his business in the district, Mr Hichilema was endangering the lives of his few supporters but most importantly, what he needs to remember is that such actions have the potential to risk the life of His Excellency, President Lungu who has been given the mandate to preside over the lives of 17 million Zambians,” Lusambo said.
Lusambo insisted that Hichilema needed to be stopped saying the opposition leader’s “cheap political stunts” could not go on forever.
“First, it was Limulunga and now we have to be dealing with the case of Sesheke and the instigator is always the same. We wish to further warn Mr Hichilema that President Lungu is also a leader of the most powerful political party in the nation. The PF has the muscle and the numbers to bury the UPND for good. For him individually, he will be crushed politically if he continues playing Tom and Jerry with the presidency,” Lusambo charged.
Meanwhile, Lusambo commended the UPND Chairperson for Elections Garry Nkombo for demonstrating maturity and leadership in the manner politics should be conducted in Zambia.
Lusambo stated that Hichilema should emulate Nkombo by denouncing violence.
“Clearly, Hon Nkombo does not approve of such stupid stunts and we would expect that the entire leadership of an opposition political party could take a leaf from the Mazabuka lawmaker who has a better and mature way of looking at politics,” Lusambo said.
Lusambo threatened that he would personally crush Hichilema politically and force him into extinction.
“President Lungu is running Zambia and he is doing a very good job so far while Mr. Hichilema has failed to run a small tribal grouping. The one thing we know he is good at – is running cattle at his ranches. The distinction must be clearly noted. If Mr Hichilema does not quit the provocative brand of politics, he will have to deal with me and I can assure him that as an effective and time tested grass root mobilizer with a PhD in politics, I will personally crush him politically and he will be extinct in no time,” said Lusambo.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kabimba to commence judicial review proceedings into 48 houses scandal - 12 Aug 2019
- It’s nonsense for Lungu to exclude himself from austerity measures – Kambwili - 12 Aug 2019
- We need genuine dialogue before any constitutional amendment – Sacika - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND responds to Moonga: Tribal campaigns no longer sell because we are all suffering - 9 Aug 2019
- Govt can’t announce new KCM investor because case is in court – Musukwa - 9 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,554 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,506 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (2,291 views)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,622 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,217 view)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend