by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
I will crush HH if he continues politics of provocation – LusamboBy Mirriam Chabala on 12 Feb 2019
Lusaka Province Minister Bowman Lusambo has threatened to politically “crush UPND president Hakainde Hichilema and send him into extinction if he continues practicing provocative politics.
Commenting on an incident last week in Sesheke where UPND supporters clashed with President Edgar Lungu’s supporters during campaigns, Lusambo said Hichilema was looking for reasons to get arrested again so that he could continue denting the President’s name.
Speaking in Sesheke Constituency in Western Province when he went to drum up support for PF’s Parliamentary Candidate Dean Masule, Sunday, Lusambo said Hichilema’s failure to obey lawful orders to suspend his campaign tour on grounds that the President was going to be in Sesheke on the same day was another desperate attempt to get into State House by all means.
“What we have continued to witness are high levels of arrogance by a man who foolishly has convinced himself that he is better than the incumbent, although election results point to the contrary. By refusing to allow President Lungu to freely conduct his business in the district, Mr Hichilema was endangering the lives of his few supporters but most importantly, what he needs to remember is that such actions have the potential to risk the life of His Excellency, President Lungu who has been given the mandate to preside over the lives of 17 million Zambians,” Lusambo said.
Lusambo insisted that Hichilema needed to be stopped saying the opposition leader’s “cheap political stunts” could not go on forever.
“First, it was Limulunga and now we have to be dealing with the case of Sesheke and the instigator is always the same. We wish to further warn Mr Hichilema that President Lungu is also a leader of the most powerful political party in the nation. The PF has the muscle and the numbers to bury the UPND for good. For him individually, he will be crushed politically if he continues playing Tom and Jerry with the presidency,” Lusambo charged.
Meanwhile, Lusambo commended the UPND Chairperson for Elections Garry Nkombo for demonstrating maturity and leadership in the manner politics should be conducted in Zambia.
Lusambo stated that Hichilema should emulate Nkombo by denouncing violence.
“Clearly, Hon Nkombo does not approve of such stupid stunts and we would expect that the entire leadership of an opposition political party could take a leaf from the Mazabuka lawmaker who has a better and mature way of looking at politics,” Lusambo said.
Lusambo threatened that he would personally crush Hichilema politically and force him into extinction.
“President Lungu is running Zambia and he is doing a very good job so far while Mr. Hichilema has failed to run a small tribal grouping. The one thing we know he is good at – is running cattle at his ranches. The distinction must be clearly noted. If Mr Hichilema does not quit the provocative brand of politics, he will have to deal with me and I can assure him that as an effective and time tested grass root mobilizer with a PhD in politics, I will personally crush him politically and he will be extinct in no time,” said Lusambo.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe - 15 Oct 2019
- Commonwealth Finance Ministers to discuss joint action to prevent future debt crises - 15 Oct 2019
- Debt repayments mustn’t impede social sector spending in 2020 budget – ZTP - 10 Oct 2019
- UPND accuses Siamunene of exploiting hunger crisis to make political comeback - 9 Oct 2019
- Corruption, tribalism must be key prayer points on Oct 18 – CCZ - 8 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,844 views)
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,401 views)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,813 view)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,808 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,613 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend